• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New low % combo on R.O.B ?

Novaneith

Smash Rookie
NNID
V1talic
Don't know if it's new or not, tell me.

Today, i was messing around in training mode and found that DThrow to UTilt links on R.O.B, from 0 to 16% with no DI, and from 0 to around 10% with DI (due to his big hitbox). DI up might be a problem at higher %, causing the UTilt not to link anymore, but since pika's up and down throw are fast, and DI up is quit unorthodox, this case should not be a problem. Still true at 0+ anyway.

Works only on R.O.B though, and only for 1 UTilt.
It means that FThrow to dash attack (20%) is less effective than this, since you can:

DThrow> UTilt> Short Hop UAir> Double Jump Uair> Nair (around 30+% depending on the first Uair, sweet or sour spotted, do it when DIed away/not DIed, short hop at 0, full hop at higher %)
DThrow> UTilt> Short Hop UAir> Double Jump Uair> Bair (around 30+%, do it instead of nair if DIed IN, short hop at 0, full hop at higher %)
DThrow> UTilt> Short Hop UAir> Double Jump Uair> Fast fall Fair > regrab/UTilt/DTilt (This one is trickier, and need further testing. I think that the Fair is not true, but R.O.B's fastest aerial is his Fair frame 6, so his only option is airdodging since jump is too slow, which may be resulting in a frametrap with the end of the fair, and a reset)

I'm sorry, I can't present you all that stuff with a video, so just try DThrow to UTilt on R.O.B by yourslef, you'll see that it links.
Tell me what else you find about all this, and enjoy :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom