• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new ledge tech

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
i was playing ganon a bit and i was trying to use the same ledge wavedash strategy from melee... you remember it. Anyway i noticed a few ledge tricks you can do.

1. i noticed if you fall then quickly use your double jump (from a ledge) you can use an Up Air and it will land you on the stage.{ correct me if im wrong here, but it seems to lag less then a normal up air you bash into the ground, is this scrapping? }

2. being a melee ganon i loved my ledge wavedash so like a tard i accidentally hit L while trying to get onto the stage after being on the ledge and... it kind of worked... i know its not a wavedash, but it was a little slide and it had no lag whatsoever

although i personally cant preform any other aerials besides the up air from a ledge to the stage i am curious if anyone else can.... or if im even on to anything with this post

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Sorry man. We have already known that anyone can perform any of the u-air, d-air, b-air, and f-air back onto the stage from the ledge. Thank you for the enthusiasm though. Keep at it.

And plus there is a way to lag-cancel an u-air regularly. You just have to find the correct height of the jump and work at it.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
i was playing ganon a bit and i was trying to use the same ledge wavedash strategy from melee... you remember it. Anyway i noticed a few ledge tricks you can do.

1. i noticed if you fall then quickly use your double jump (from a ledge) you can use an Up Air and it will land you on the stage.{ correct me if im wrong here, but it seems to lag less then a normal up air you bash into the ground, is this scrapping? }

2. being a melee ganon i loved my ledge wavedash so like a tard i accidentally hit L while trying to get onto the stage after being on the ledge and... it kind of worked... i know its not a wavedash, but it was a little slide and it had no lag whatsoever

although i personally cant preform any other aerials besides the up air from a ledge to the stage i am curious if anyone else can.... or if im even on to anything with this post

There's a sharp timing on F-air. It would be really nice if you could do it consistently though.
I'm not quite at that point yet, you sometimes miss and fall off if ur not fast enough.
Just needs some practice is all, but it's really good. I'll try the up air.

Top Bottom