• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New laptop...

KOdEx

Smash Cadet
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=product&tab=2&id=1195599780039#productdetail

I just got that, It came with alot of bloatware. I was wondering how I would go about erasing all that? Would I just reinstall windows and update my drivers? and if I need to reupdate drivers which drivers do I do it for?
The easiest way to get rid of all the bloatware is to just reinstall the operating system with an oem/retail copy, don't use the CD they gave you(if they even did) that'll just reinstall the operating system with the bloatware again. As to updating the drivers and such, make sure you have your wireless and networking adapters functional and just go to www.windowsupdate.com download all the updates and drivers. It will install them all at once, usually unless it requires it to be installed separately, it'll prompt you if needed though.

Kadiev

Smash Ace
The easiest way to get rid of all the bloatware is to just reinstall the operating system with an oem/retail copy, don't use the CD they gave you(if they even did) that'll just reinstall the operating system with the bloatware again. As to updating the drivers and such, make sure you have your wireless and networking adapters functional and just go to www.windowsupdate.com download all the updates and drivers. It will install them all at once, usually unless it requires it to be installed separately, it'll prompt you if needed though.
Nice sweet, thanks a bunch man

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I am saving to build my own laptop this summer. They now have barebones for relatively cheap. My currently laptop is way too big. I think I will get a smaller case, a larger, faster HDD, and a good processor (AMD), and some good ram and sound card. I really just want it to be for writing (songs, poetry, school work, whatever) and recording (music). Not sure why I made my laptop such a game heavy computer.

Edit: Also, NEVER buy a Dell.

KOdEx

Smash Cadet
Edit: Also, NEVER buy a Dell.
Does Alienware count(even though they're a rip off imo)? To be honest though I personally can't hate on Dell too much since the started supporting Linux on their computers. I think I remember reading somewhere on here computer cafe == Linux hippie forum.:laugh:

Also Kadiev if you go to windowsupdate.com it might not be the most up to date but they'll be stable drivers and if you're using Vista there's a good chance a driver might not exist. Looking @ you Creative.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Alienware pretty much is just high end gaming computers. I mean they are bit more mainstream now, but I remember a few years ago an entry level Alienware was somewhere around $2,000 with a TON of awesome stuff to last you a while.

Personally, I have no interest in Linux, but that still wouldn't make me support ****ty Dells. All their parts have weird priorities to where you can only buy Dell stuff to upgrade. My older Dell needs a new fan, which is easy and cheap to replace, BUT it has to be a Dell fan and those are a bit more expensive. Dell printers can only use Dell ink too.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
The wise thing to do is to research all of the things that make alienware computers so awesome, then build your own for a lot less. Now that the company is owned by Dell, the quality has gone downhill. A huge part of my job is working for Dell and they are the most half *** company ever.

Kadiev

Smash Ace
Well I went down from about 65 processes to about 38. I think I got a fair share out I don't think I got it all. I could of also downloaded a Vista Lite pack which deletes more clutter.

Top Bottom