• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Items in Project M

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
There's been plenty of item edits that have been made over the years on Brawl Vault, but what about new items? I think the PMDT, provided the capability is there, could make some awesome new items to use, or even return some that have been lost (ex: Melee's parasol). Of course, many PM players don't regularly use items, but it would be nice for casual players or those that want to mix things up a bit. So, this thread is basically to ask you all:

1) Is there any developments that would make the addition of more items possible?
2) Regardless of whether or not it's possible, what items would you want added?

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking along those lines the other day even though I don't care for items. Since Project M seems quite a bit closer on its journey to completion I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea for them to at least attempt to bring back the missing items from Melee for casual gamers. Especially since they are part of the games fan-base and help it survive. Also items and other casual things allow more players to play PM and eventually desire competitive play. Don't lie we all played with items when we started. Although I don't really think they should invest a lot of time into making new ones unless they are awesome like Turbo Mode or its after bringing back some past ones. Here is a list of all the missing items though.

Missing Past Items
---------------------------
Barrel Cannon
Cloaking Device
Flipper
Parasol
Red Shell
Superspicy Curry (I guess since Turbo replaced it)

Conditional/Special Past Items
--------------------------------
Birdo Egg (Mushroom Kingdom II Melee)
Egg container/Chansey Egg
Samus Armor Pieces
Wario's Bike

I also thought it would be cool if they could bring back all the past Pokeball Pokemon, in addition with the current ones. Once again this would be great for the casual players but also the Pokemon fans. Some Pokemon have/may have spiritual successors like Starmie and Staryu but it would still be refreshing to see all versions appear anyway. That way it will further help cater to the Smash 64 and Melee fans. So without further ado here is the list of the past Pokeball Pokemon.

Past Pokemon
---------------------
Articuno
Beedrill
Blastoise
Chansey
Charizard
Clefairy
Cyndaquil
Hitmonlee
Koffing
Marill
Onix
Porygon2
Raikou
Scizor
Starmie
Unown
Venusaur
Weezing
Zapdos

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
This is a solid idea. I was thinking more stuff could be added to if this was possible in general but previous items ought to be the priority.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
So is doing this even possible though. Adding more items and/or Pokemon?
Not sure, but the PMDT has often shown made things work to everyone's surprise, so it's worth discussing as a concept if only to see if the coding wizards will give it a shot.

Shellfire

Smash Apprentice
One thing I'd really like is if they sped up the home run bat windup to match melee. Aside from as a thrown object, that thing is damn near useless in Brawl.

Last edited:
Top Bottom