• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New-ish videos of my YL.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
FoD... hmm. FoD is kind of difficult to do this at, but I found a "ground based projectile game" to really work on Samus. It seems like it wouldn't, but it does.
Basically you kinda run and wavedash along holding a bomb. They'll probably expect you to jump, which is what we YoungLinkers usually do, haha.

Samus is dangerous on the ground cause of her gay reach and priority. I'm not saying run in and sword slash nothin, just carry a bomb and dash dance, wavedash, whatever. I like to run in, shield not quite in reach of them, then throw the bomb out the shield.

I've had lots of success against Samus this way.

Getting under her is always good. bomb drop/throw down to dair (full jump off edge, throw, dj and dair) is pretty much one of the best ways to edgeguard her. If you're really brave and the Samus likes to bomb jump, just run down there, let the bombs hit you, and up B back up. Can help out on stages like uh, Battlefield, lol

arrow as a return to stage is usually not the best option. I try to do it a lot, too, and sometimes succeed, but a lot of time I find myself digging my own grave. Usually better to grab a bomb or vote boomerang lol

overall nice stuff, you sure you do enough up boomerang, moonwalk, taunt cancel? :D

I might have more later gotta go meet a friend for dinner
edit : back now

a fun thing about Samus is you can rush the ***** and, if you're precise and careful, be okay. Keep up bair and nair and she can't shieldgrab cause her slow *** grapple, all she can try to do is crouch cancel downsmash, and be quick enough and you can just run all over her. Samus despises pressure, so it's good : )

thats ummm about all I have lol

rhan

Smash Hero
Yeah I play against my bro's Samus a lot. He needs a secondary.

And I don't always do all the flashy stuff. I just do it to tick him off really. But it's just so sexy. I can't help it most of the time. Haha.

--------------------------------

Regarding the arrow upon return: I have no idea why I do it. It's like a habit, but you do not understand how many times that one random arrow has saved me from not getting edgehoged or edgegaurded. It has pretty good stun time along with it so I have about a good 1.5 seconds extra to recover, which is a pretty big deal to me since I don't really trust myself enough to use the chain to recover. That usually ends in fail for me cause 3/5 times I eff up the spacing. So when that arrow connects it's an instant up B afterwards and that could hit the opponet upon return if they was trying to edgegaurd.

I <3 Arrowz. Sue me.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Got a nice young link there ^_^

rhan

Smash Hero
PDot likes my Young Link! I feelz special.

I remember a long time ago that you comment one of my VERY old videos and I felt all tingly inside. :3

Top Bottom