• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Ideas! plz look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
I have not seen a thread about community ideas for ssb so Im making one now :) (i hope this can become a sticky.)

this thread is meant for expressing ideas, whether it’s a character idea, game mode idea, item idea or a whole new concept idea.

i am going to share my ideas and would like to have feedback and i cannot wait to hear other ideas as well. :bee:

remember NO TROLLING sometimes bad ideas can actually LEAD to BETTER ONES this can be done with friendly communication not "that’s ********" plz be nice to one another.

now I shall begin my idea. It is a new concept for ssb.

SPECIAL MOVESET CUSTOMIZATION

The idea is to be able to unlock new special moves for a character and be able to switch a new move with an existing one.

for example:

Pikachu's special sideways is "skull bash" thats great and all but i want a special move for close range. Lets say i used pikachu a few times and have unlocked a new move for the special sideways. lets say the new move is "Iron Tail".

*first i go to customize...
*then go to pikachu within the character roster menu...
*then select which special move i want to customize EX: special up, sideways, and down.

*then select which move you want to replace the current one with. In this case i want to select "Iron Tail" to switch with "Skull Bash"

* simply comfirm thats what you want to do and bam! sideways special is now iron tail.

This new concept can be great and if done right by the ssb development team then this MAY fix the issue regarding balance. as diffrent moves changes the idea of character matchups.

this concept can leave players months with something to do (as Mr. Sakurai said himself he wanted some sort of lv up and experiance points ) well with this it can be accomplished.

by the way i left out plain special(no direction) because i think all characters should keep their plain special move.

sigh....actualy i just forgot lol

thank you for your time. :)

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
ready for another one.

here's a new concept...

SMASH BALL ATTACK SHIFT!

the idea is when after obtaining the smash ball the user can change a different smash ball attack by pressing the taunt buttons. after pressing a taunt button the characters flame changes color signaling that a different attack has been shifted.

why have just one special attack?

sometimes peaches sleep attack and luigis circle can be a bit under powering. so why not have different ones for different situations.

Wave-Guiding Hero

Smash Apprentice
Ever since Sakurai mentioned customization for SSB4 I started thinking about the same thing mentioned here. You, of course, displayed it in a matter much better than I could have :)

You could also change move properties, like give your character's up-B greater range in exchange for it not doing any damage.

You should totally mention this in the SSB4 thread, that's a good place for this as well.

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
Ever since Sakurai mentioned customization for SSB4 I started thinking about the same thing mentioned here. You, of course, displayed it in a matter much better than I could have :)

You could also change move properties, like give your character's up-B greater range in exchange for it not doing any damage.

You should totally mention this in the SSB4 thread, that's a good place for this as well.
thanks i didnt think about putting it there and nice idea by the way.:bee:

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
This really belonged in the SSB4 thread....
i was hopeing this would be a thread of its own i would post this in ssb4 but the focus for that thread is well ssb4 and not ideas i dont want to post there and have it not talked about in 5 posts later.

what they do need is not a ssb4 thread but its own ssb4 discusion page that's where this belongs.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
IIRC, they'll make one after a trailer is announced, I think. Until then, this really should be in the SSB4 thread. There was a whole sticky saying not to make additional SB4 threads. Just trying to help out.:)

Nice ideas, though.

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
IIRC, they'll make one after a trailer is announced, I think. Until then, this really should be in the SSB4 thread. There was a whole sticky saying not to make additional SB4 threads. Just trying to help out.:)

Nice ideas, though.
what if i said this was ideas for ssb5 ;) lol

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In case you didn't get it in my post in the SSB4 thread: this is ****ing awesome. Exactly how I pictured it as well.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
OMG YJFGNK)$.())(!;(.()vncGGHMF!HJVHTMC!HGVHG!FGHMVHJFHNFGHCHJFHGVHHVHJGHRTAERARHCVBCHUKYUHJHJK.
Awesome. Just awesome.

:phone:

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
thanks u guys. and i would also like to hear other ideas as well.

if we happen to get alot of awsome ideas and someone here at smash boards happen to have "connections" mabe we can be heard. :)

I would also love it if this were its own sticky. BUT after ssb4 has its own disscusion page first, not just a huge thread.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Ideas for different Mario specials
[COLLAPSE="Specials"]
[COLLAPSE="Neutral B"]
*Fire Ball
-Ice Ball
-Boomerang
-Mini Hammer Throw[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Side B"]
*Cape
-Tanooki
-Hammer Slam
-Penguin[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Up B"]
*Super Coin Jump Punch
-Luma Spin
-Propeller Helmet
-Frog Leap
[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Down B"]
*F.L.U.D.D.
-Mario Tornado
-Koopa Shell Kick
-Mini Mushroom throw [/COLLAPSE]
[/COLLAPSE]

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ever since I heard of SSB4 I always wanted this to be implemented into the game, it would give it a lot of depth and make it personalized for each person, so players would be different by moves even if they play the same character, creating different playstyles, almost as if making a skillset in a MMORPG. Though it'd take a lot of work, it may result in a smaller cast, though I'd take a broader character experience over a bunch of characters.

I also second Iron Tail, that is a good pick, and is better than Skull Bash in fact, especially since Luigi has that as well. I'd prefer if it stayed as an option at the very least though. Double Team, Thunder Wave, Discharge, Agility, Electro Ball, tons of good moves to pick from!

Olimar would be tough to mess with, but he could maybe use the purple and red sprays from Pikmin 2, or the yellow pikmin Bombs or something, I don't know.

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
Ideas for different Mario specials
[COLLAPSE="Specials"]
[COLLAPSE="Neutral B"]
*Fire Ball
-Ice Ball
-Boomerang
-Mini Hammer Throw[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Side B"]
*Cape
-Tanooki
-Hammer Slam
-Penguin[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Up B"]
*Super Coin Jump Punch
-Luma Spin
-Propeller Helmet
-Frog Leap
[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Down B"]
*F.L.U.D.D.
-Mario Tornado
-Koopa Shell Kick
-Mini Mushroom throw [/COLLAPSE]
[/COLLAPSE]

dont forget about mario's pound:) similar to yoshi's special down.

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
Ever since I heard of SSB4 I always wanted this to be implemented into the game, it would give it a lot of depth and make it personalized for each person, so players would be different by moves even if they play the same character, creating different playstyles, almost as if making a skillset in a MMORPG. Though it'd take a lot of work, it may result in a smaller cast, though I'd take a broader character experience over a bunch of characters.

I also second Iron Tail, that is a good pick, and is better than Skull Bash in fact, especially since Luigi has that as well. I'd prefer if it stayed as an option at the very least though. Double Team, Thunder Wave, Discharge, Agility, Electro Ball, tons of good moves to pick from!

Olimar would be tough to mess with, but he could maybe use the purple and red sprays from Pikmin 2, or the yellow pikmin Bombs or something, I don't know.
im sure in the right hands they could pull off awsome moves for olimar. they did with pit and game and watch. and ice climbers. :bee:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
what they do need is not a ssb4 thread but its own ssb4 discusion page
I agree. Unfortunately, as far as I know it's just as Opossum said.

Really like the idea, and I think it's cute you drew everything, lol; but this does belong in the SSB4 thread for now. It is a massive thread yes, but any ideas (such as this one) usually get at least some posts of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom