• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New idea for the PM Boards!

Protosauce

Smash Cadet
http://smashboards.com/threads/idea-for-the-pm-fourms.419838/

Does anyone think this is a good idea? Is it dumb? Am I Einstein?

Feedback would be appreciated! And maybe we can get the ball rolling :)

Edit: quoting post because it is locked

---"
Hi! So this is pretty intimidating because there arnt any threads here, but here I go. I apologize for any spelling errors in advance. I'm on my phone.

What if when you post in the PM Forums, there is an indication of the Build that was current at the time of posting? This would make it incredibly easier to figure out what iteration people were talking about when sorting through older threads to find info.

It could be directly correlated to the date, so posts in between (insert3.5 release date) and (insert 3.6b release date) would have a little 3.5 icon or text beside the date that it was posted.

Ex. I'm digging through the bowser threads, and there is a discussion about armor on the dash attack that happened during build 3.5. Now, DA has significantly changed from 3.5 to 3.6b or 3.6f, and the user may not know what build the poster is referring too. Does this info pertain to the current build, or the previous build, or does it pertain to a really old build? WHO KNOWS! When I started playing PM a year ago, it was right after 3.0 was released. Stuff was super confusing due to the overwhelming changes that were introduced.

I don't know if this can be introduced retroactively or if code allows it to just be from here in out, but hey. I'm not a computer code guy. I just read stuff.

And maybe this is a dumb idea, or I should get gud(i shud) or its impossible. I dunno. That's just my 2bits. You guys make great strides with this website all the time, an I appreciate you reading my idea.

Have a nice day!"-----

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Can you quote the post instead pf linking it? The linked thread must be from a locked/private forum or something

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Not sure if that's possible to implement, but the work-around for now is to just check the release dates manually for context. I usually just keep this bookmarked. PM 3.6's release date was August 15, 2015. Not sure why they haven't added it yet, but all the others are there.

Top Bottom