• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New IC grab technique?

FoxID

Smash Cadet
Okay, well I picked up IC a few hours ago and I've been busy learning all the grab techniques and stuff. And I was upset when I realized that the meteor grab isn't effective at higher percentages so I began trying things out to see if I can find a new way to do a meteor grab at higher percentages and I found it.
This is how I did it. P-Grab Jump with Nana then tilt the control stick forward and smash A immediately.
What happens is that Nana is in the Air before you throw the opponent and then you throw them forward but they get meteored immediately after being thrown. I've tested this at 999% and it works.
Some neat things you can do with this:
Do my meteor grab then after the opponent hits the floor do a down smash or an up smash which ever you prefer. You can also charge a F-smash for half a second and send the person flying to their death, in most cases.

Sorry, I don't know what the meteor grab is really called. If you don't know what I'm talking about it is when you P-grab, down throw, jump with Nana then Fair.

Also, I'm sorry if this has already been discovered. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

gordon117

Smash Cadet
This is a common finisher with IC, P-Grab -> N-Fair -> P-FSmash kills at like 80%+ damage.

The key to IC is being able to alternate throws, from P-Grab -> N-Grab -> P-Grab -> (at edge) N-Fair

FoxID

Smash Cadet
How do I alternate throws? I use the nunchuk and wiimote. I tried to do it but Nana always dashes when I want to throw with Popo.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
If you wanna do alternate throwing, you can still do it with a Wiimote and Nunchuck. Just remember the timing differs with weight.

gordon117

Smash Cadet
The timing is the hardest part, I am still struggling with it, but hopefully one day I shall succeed

Top Bottom