• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New here and to the scene

Cang

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I'm Anthony aka Cang from the PGH/NEOH scene and am a first year student at Pitt. I got into competitive smash last year in HS when 2 kids from my hometown were whipping people left and right in study hall Melee. I began to learn some of these advanced things and got better as the year went on. I came into Pitt looking for a thing to do to take my mind off of stressful schoolwork and since the smash scene is pretty big here I could learn from a few people. I played a few friendlies with locals like Pillz, Kofi, and Beanwolf and while I didn't really beat anyone but Kofi's Fox (LOVE YA KOFI! YOURE TOO SLOW!) I held my own. I recently made my tourney debut at MOAL 18 and took 4 losses to last stock.

As far as characters go- I play most of them. I don't have great tech skill, so I play Ness and Peach most (jokes kinda). One of the kids at my HS played a good Peach so I became acclimated with the matchup.

I plan to continue to play as much as I can (I don't have a Wii or GC :( at my dorm so I'll rely on friendlies) and hopefully get to play a legend one of these days. I'm just always looking for pointers and tips, so anything is appreciated. Sell y'all around!

-Cang aka that techless Peach guy

Last edited:
Top Bottom