• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Guy

SuperSmashNoob

Smash Rookie
Hey, this is my first post on SmashBoards. I own all 3 of the smash games, but I can't play the N64 one because I don't have an N64 controller atm. I recently downloaded Project M and like it a lot. My main in SSBB is Snake, but he's been downgraded in Project M a bit, so I'm not sure who I'd main with in that yet. I'm pretty good at smash in general in a casual setting, but I don't know how to do any of the techniques that competitive players use (combos, wavedashing, etc.).

I've never played in any of the competitive tournaments, but it's pretty neat watching tournament matches uploaded to youtube and I'll try to catch the E3 Wii U tournament online.

I have a few questions about competitive play in general (most of which are probably pretty nooby):

1. It seems like people favor Gamecube Controller/Classic Controller over Wiimote+nunchuck in Brawl/Project M. Is there some inherent advantage to using Gamecube Controller/Classic Controller? I thought there might've been some input delay associated with using a wireless controller that would put Wiimote+nunchuck users at a disadvantage, but Classic Controller ought to have the same delay if there is one.

2. Has Project M caught on in competitive play so to speak?

3. What's a rough estimate of the time it takes to become a tournament-caliber player? I'm interested in becoming a competitive player, but don't want to devote my life to it if that's what it takes.

Thanks for any help.

Top Bottom