• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New grabs messes up combos?

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
So I recently picked up Marth, since I mained him in Melee too, and he feels pretty much the same except for one huge thing, the grabs. Ever since 3.5 my timing for certain follow ups has been thrown off, especially follow ups off of Bthrow. The grabs seem much laggier in general, although I can still chain grab spacies to almost the same degree as I did in Melee. Has anyone else felt this, or is it just me?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
They have no additional endlag in 3.5.
B-throw historically does not combo against any character, since Melee. Try F and DThrow.

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
It's probably just me then. I feel like I've combooed with Bthrow before in Melee, at least at low percents, but maybe it was bad DI or something on my opponent's part.

ObdurateMARio

Smash Apprentice
Bthrow can sometimes jank combo with awful DI. Dthrow sends behind similar to Bthrow, so you use Dthrow for comboing. The only real use I can think of for Bthrow would be a ledge situation, just to get an opponent as far offstage as possible once grabbed.

Kuya the Red

Smash Cadet
I agree with Strong Bad, however I would like to point out that often in 3.5 an Fthrow or Dthrow that would normally lead to an easy Fsmash, no longer does because sometimes when you input Fsmash right after a throw, the Fsmash would not happen. Especially if you used a C stick to input the smash.

Top Bottom