• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Glitch? Pit can still control his arrows even after he dies?

Jenkins

Smash Lord
I don't know if this has been dicussed/ found yet, but if it has, then close this thread.

A while ago I was in a Basic brawl (With Anyone) online. The group was just messing around and not fighting each other. Since this was the case, the score remained relatively even and the matches often went into sudden death.

During one of these sudden deaths, I went to one side of the Bridge of Eldin, which was the stage that we were playing on at the time. I started to make arrow loops, which were easy to see/control on that stage given its ...bigness... While I was making the arrow loops, a bomb came down and struck me, killing me instantly. I was the first to die out of the group. The other three were still there. Something strange compelled me to continue the circular movement, and i saw to my disbelief that I still had control over the arrow, and continued to loop it, even though I had died.

I later went to test this later on a custom stage that I made specifically for Pit's arrows. I put on two other controls, one stock, bombs on high, and gave myself a handicap of 300%. I moved the other two characters so i could get a good view of the whole stage, and waited for a bomb to drop. Once it did, I picked it up, threw it upwards, and fired an arrow and looped it. The bomb came down, killed me, and WHABAMM i was still looping that arrow. This is much easier to do if you have a friend who can throw a bomb at you.

Yes i understand that this glitch is COMPLETELY USELESS.:urg: I just thought that it was a good find. I have a replay but i can't upload it :(
Or you could try it yourself...

But yeah it has no practical value. Sorry. :psycho:

~Jenkins~

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I wish I had a replay of that team brawl...

me + partner dave vs Rai + partner hal

Pit + Dk vs Falco + Ike

I died, and DK threw Ike just to where he was about to die, and all the while I was looping an arrow, and it happened to hit and kill Ike.

We won because I was bored and looped an arrow after death. I call that an epic moment.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
this only worked because i died RIGHT AFTER i fired my arrow in sudden death. Imagine how epic it would be if a pit managed to loop the arrow back around and into someone's face after they died in sudden death... :)

Jenkins

Smash Lord
I wish I had a replay of that team brawl...

me + partner dave vs Rai + partner hal

Pit + Dk vs Falco + Ike

I died, and DK threw Ike just to where he was about to die, and all the while I was looping an arrow, and it happened to hit and kill Ike.

We won because I was bored and looped an arrow after death. I call that an epic moment.
you are god :chuckle:

SuSa

Banned via Administration
you are god :chuckle:
No, I'm just extremely lucky and was bored :laugh: although, if you are ever doing Teams, just before you die (if you got gimped for example) shoot an arrow straight up, do the 'knot' loop, and just sit there looping it waiting for an opportunity to gimp or KO your enemies.

Snake is far, far more epic. He can leave his down-B on the field way after he died, and it can KO someone. (Saw a team vid of this xD snake dies, Falco charges after MK, blows up, and loses. Snake/MK team won)

Top Bottom