• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New gfx plugin in development from the maker of glide64

firo

Smash Ace
So I recently found a post about the maker of the glide gfx plugin - he started an indiegogo campaign to remake his plugin and make it better and more stable:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gliden64-graphics-plugin

There's not much we can do at this point since the campaign is funded (and the stretch goal for an android port was reached), but I thought I'd let everyone know as this was new to me a couple of days ago. It's nice to see something active in n64 emulation. I'd imagine that this will be the new standard for gfx when it comes out, and I'm sure it will support everything in smash (invincibility frames and the like), and probably would work better with custom textures than older plugins. And best of all it's gonna be open sourced.

There's a video of him demonstrating games that couldn't work before, including Mario tennis, which I will definitely be playing online when the plugin comes out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqZcBcsHjys

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
"System requirements are: graphics card with support of OpenGL 4.2 or better"

All the people with ancient computers will need to buy a graphics card.

Sangoku

Smash Master
On the contrary, from my understanding, with the ultra notebook tendency, graphic cards are really optional. Especially since APUs are getting more and more powerful.

Studstill

Smash Ace
'Older' covering a variety of timeframes, some of which are before or after 8/8/11, alluded to with 'might be'.
I maintain the unfixed version`s veracity.
:D

Last edited:
Top Bottom