• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new get back form the edge options?

the great jonzales

Smash Cadet
ok, i dont wanna be some who's like !oh ive found something new! im a god!... but.......
there's one thing i've found recently however, im not sure if its allready been documented or anything, but here goes:
when on the ledge u can press y to jump from, with a few invincibility frames to start right? has anyone else noticed u can start an attack IMMEDIATELY after your character has let go of the ledge? this combined with an attaclk that overides your current movement (i.e. all of MK's specials or fox's shine etc.) i've found pressing y then doing the down special in this manner teleports u about 2/3rds into FD, ending up BEHIND a well spaced opponent for a get up attack or dropped down jump aerial.
so in context there are 3 ways of getting up from the ledge,
drop jump attack,
quick stand to attack, or
jump from ledge but cancel with an attack (that overrides current aerial movement)
i've found that the last option proves quicker than the rest, but i've only put this through casual testing, i havent done any frame processes or anything so it might not be true...meh.
this also works with any character with a very quick aerial attack or special attack, or an attack that overides current movement. its useful for some other characters but ill posy them somewhere else, what i really want is for people to try this... get back to me on wether it works or not, and see if we can advance it :) thank you muchly

Top Bottom