• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New? Flashy Edgeguard

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
I was practising some :yoshi: techs today on some computers and was trying to think of more uses of the Egg Lay, and then I came up with a fun edgeguard move. Don't know if any of you know this already and if it's new or not.

Here's the deal: First get your opponent off the edge with an attack that sends them slightly downwards like dtilt or dsmash, then immediately jump over them. Then when they use their second jump, you turn around using Egg Lay and get them in an egg!

Now I havent tried this on human opponents yet, but I thought it was a very fun move to use against the computers :p It probably won't work twice on a human, cos you need the element of surprise.

Any thoughts on it?

Boonerstreet

Smash Cadet
A good player may be able to get out of it fast enough and get back on stage. I think the fair would be a better alternative, but this could be creative and useful and it might set you up for some combos if they still recover. Off topic: It's funny, my main and secondary are yours switched around.

Bullfrog

Smash Journeyman
It'd be cool if you jumped off backwards and did it, or else you'd pull them toward the stage. I don't know if after they break out, they get their midjump back. It technically is a grab...

Some people might not get out as fast/easily, since they want to break out fast, since they're about to fall to their doom. And they might accidentally airdodge or do a laggy aerial, too. I'll try it next time I go somewhere, and see what happens. >_>

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Any smart human player that isn't a fast faller will either not jump into it, jump and attack you possibly killing you, or if they do get hit fight out and survive. It's possibly useful if the opponent isn't used to Yoshi though.

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
yeah you might be able to get a quick kill on a fast faller who wasnt paying attention, but only once...

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I think this could be effective if the opponent isn't expecting it. Just jump out normally, but intentionally overshoot, then reverse neutral b them. They will never see it coming! Besides, if it fails and they break out you're already back at the edge ready for something else. I'll try it some time.

Top Bottom