• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Falco glitch?

Reidlos Toof

Foot Dive!
Has anyone else encountered the glitch where Falco seems to hop or float in mid air while doing his DAir? I would put a video up, but I don't have a capture card (looking for one if anyone can suggest some good, cheap ones and where to find them) but its sort of like he bounces in the air. I'm trying to recreate it at the moment so I'll post some more specifics when and if I am able.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
It's because Falco is trying to regain his powers of FLIGHT!!!

On a more serious note, I think I seen cases like that in some of the videos. (I forgot which, I watch too many)

If it really is a gltich and not due to timing of jumping + dair, then dam, people will complain if you abuse it.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
It has something to do with his second jump and the timing of the dair. I've done it a couple of times, even off a ledge hop which threw me for a loop, but I haven't been able to figure out why this happens or how to replicate it consistently. I was going to make a thread for this; it makes me glad that someone else found this too.

Reidlos Toof

Foot Dive!
It has something to do with his second jump and the timing of the dair. I've done it a couple of times, even off a ledge hop which threw me for a loop, but I haven't been able to figure out why this happens or how to replicate it consistently. I was going to make a thread for this; it makes me glad that someone else found this too.
Yea, its very odd, and can be either very helpful or very punishable when it happens. I've spiked a couple of times because of it, but ive been killed myself about 5 times for it.

Reidlos Toof

Foot Dive!
You mean his massive Dair super jump? Yeah, that happens. Don't know what causes it.
No, I've seen that too, but what I am talking about is that after you have double jumped and then do his DAir, Falco seems to either float sideways or bounce as if doing a very small third jump.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol Brawl techniques are so bizarre. People have no idea how to do this consistently? This seems to just happen randomly for his downair?

Mecha Soul

Smash Apprentice
if you're anywhere near the opponent, it could have been a footstool jump cancelled into an aerial

I've done this a couple times, seems to give you a ton of air

Top Bottom