• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Edgeguard/Gimping Concept VS Villager

Otterz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Otterz
So during a friendly today I accidentally did this to a Villager. Intrigued by its possibilities and usefulness, I decided to try to recreate it against a CPU later on my 3DS (My Wii U isn't available at the moment, if anyone wants to capture it there that'd be appreciated.)

Here is a gfycat.

So basically, with proper spacing, the startup explosion from our Rocket Barrels can pop both of Villager's balloons without hitting him out of free-fall. This can be used to gimp Villager very early as many Villagers like to recover low, practically setting themselves up for this. This cannot be done too close to the ledge as Villager will rise when his balloons are popped before he falls to his doom. However, make sure you are close enough to grab the ledge yourself otherwise you will need to have barrels charged.

This concept seems very useful when the situation presents itself as it can get a KO from as low as 0%. Just make sure you are a bit above Villager or else you'll hit him out of free-fall. So what are your guys thoughts?

(If this is already known, my bad.)

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Not documented, good find. It helps since Villagers tend to recover from low anyways. Timing will be strict, but that’s with all things and it would be worth the early stock.

Top Bottom