• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Doc player in the building

B33tL

Smash Rookie
Wzup everybody! New Doc player here, just looking for some counters against Jiggypuff and Link:)

insekt11

Smash Cadet
Vs Link It's good to avoid any bombs/boomerangs I throw at you. Working on your movement and on your shielding will help a lot. Also, if you know how to approach well, with SHFFL nair maybe, you can probably kill me using Doc's superior speed and mobility. Work on reading my techs and hitting those f-smashes and down-smashes, it'll give you many KOs, even at low percent. I think Doc beats Link with simply with decent/good approaching and comboing. Using side-b for edgeguarding probably doesn't work very well but you can try it.

Vs Jigglypuff I think you need to use good spacing and aerials. I don't really know what to do, but I know that your dash attacks don't work because the hitbox is really low and won't hit me while I'm in the air.

I don't know why I wrote this here instead of telling you in real life, but whatever

Max?

Smash Champion
You combo the crap out of Link. Dthrow to everything and get him offstage since you edgeguard him pretty free. His OOS options are pretty meh, you can get away with a lot of jab -> stuff shenanigans.

Jiggs is weird. Hbox makes the matchup seem tough, but I've bodied every other jiggs I've played. Use pills to control space. She can bair through them, but they force her to adjust her movement to yours. Cape is good for messing with her approaches and defensive weaving of bairs. She's vulnerable from underneath and dies from your KO moves at low percent tho it is hard to land them. You have a solid window where dthrow -> fair works but getting a grab is another story entirely (tho Doc can grab a crouching jiggs). Space your good moves (utilt/ftilt/bair/dsmash/uair), don't take stupid risks, don't be a hero while edgeguarding since it's damn near impossible, and don't jump unless you know it's safe because she can punish you pretty crazily. She doesn't have legit rest combos on you outside of tech chase rest, and ****** you without a double jump.

In combination with pills/cape and hit and run spacing you can be ok. Just don't be a hero

Top Bottom