• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Combo Video: Question before editing (starting)

Combos and Matches or just Combos?

• Combos and Matches

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Combos Only

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Srcubs don't need no videos

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
Earlier this month, I uploaded a combo video for Yoshi. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVcSy-OoBMA) The video "revealed" my "discovery" of the Grab-Parry. I have since found out that the Grab-Parry is simply an unfinished iteration of the Egg-Parry in Melee (which also ignores Grabs), and the window is 6 frames, not 3. With that aside, I have improved greatly since that video was recorded and I would like to know, If I want to get some good feedback, Should I post the matches as well as a new combo video? What would you guys want to see?

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
I'm looking to learn, could you show me what you think I should know as a Yoshi main
First of all, You have to decide what kind of game you want to play. Yoshi is a Jack-of-all-Trades kind of character, you can make him anything you want to be. I personally play a ballsy heavy read game where I punish anything and everything I see or read. I will upload the majority of my matches (I SD a bit too often though). Yoshi can play campy, Yoshi can be in your face, Yoahi has good shield pressure, Yoshi has a great edge game and godlike recovery. A main thing for Yoshi that you can't mess up is his recovery. It's better to abuse super armor and tank someone's aerials rather than try to challenge them. Recover high when you can, eggroll with correct movement will get you back on stage 95% of the time. Be unpredictable, but still in control. You said you're from plant city right? some time during the week, come up to USF tampa to the marshall student center, we're always playing smash up there. That, or the Sweet Spot in Brandon every other Friday. If you're interested, I can PM you the details.

whatgoingon

Smash Rookie
Awesome, I tend to play a more of a balls to wall kind of play in the past I've mained Ness and played a heavy off map game, I tend to have a problem reading when I need to shield, I tend to go on the offensive more and get punished for it

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
Awesome, I tend to play a more of a balls to wall kind of play in the past I've mained Ness and played a heavy off map game, I tend to have a problem reading when I need to shield, I tend to go on the offensive more and get punished for it
Yoshi will let you play super aggressive. But you do need to figure out when to shield. Basically any time when you're unsure what the opponent will do to approach or punish you (like if you're above them on a platform, or if you land somewhere within their punish range.)

Top Bottom