• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Charizard Tech?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Hello there everyone.

I thought I'd talk about this since I found it yesterday when messing around in Training Mode after sparring with another Smashboards user.

I call the technique:
Jab Walking
^ Click the link here to see footage of Jab Walking.

Now what Jab Walking does is pretty much what the name says. It moves Charizard slightly forward when he does a Jab. If you connect the Jab with an opponent while Jab Walking, it slides Charizard backwards while pulling in the opponent, I don't know if it'll be beneficial in Competitive Play or not. Since I'll need to test to see if it is a confirmed Jab Lock. Jab 2 will also slide Charizard back if connected while Jab Walking (Guess it should be called Jab Sliding then? :3)

To perform this, you need to tilt the Control Stick just slightly from its Neutral position and press Jab. If done correctly, Charizard will move forward slightly from the Jab. If he does an FTilt, you've tilted the Control Stick too far.

To give an example of how Charizard should stand when Jab Walking, here is an image of how Charizard should stand when performing Jab Walking.
Charizard pose.png

Sorry if this isn't viable or good tech, just found it interesting that I wanted to post it.

Last edited:

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Hello there everyone.

I thought I'd talk about this since I found it yesterday when messing around in Training Mode after sparring with another Smashboards user.

I call the technique:
Jab Walking
^ Click the link here to see footage of Jab Walking.

Now what Jab Walking does is pretty much what the name says. It moves Charizard slightly forward when he does a Jab. If you connect the Jab with an opponent while Jab Walking, it slides Charizard backwards while pulling in the opponent, I don't know if it'll be beneficial in Competitive Play or not. Since I'll need to test to see if it is a confirmed Jab Lock. Jab 2 will also slide Charizard back if connected while Jab Walking (Guess it should be called Jab Sliding then? :3)

To perform this, you need to tilt the Control Stick just slightly from its Neutral position and press Jab. If done correctly, Charizard will move forward slightly from the Jab. If he does an FTilt, you've tilted the Control Stick too far.

To give an example of how Charizard should stand when Jab Walking, here is an image of how Charizard should stand when performing Jab Walking.
View attachment 75814

Sorry if this isn't viable or good tech, just found it interesting that I wanted to post it.
This tech actually hurts charizard in some matchups.

It's infuriating against fox, since jab 1 pulls fox behind charizard if he's close enough. It's is pretty much a free punish for him. I've also noticed this happening with Kirby.
Hope this gets fixed soon. I've already died twice because of it

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
This tech actually hurts charizard in some matchups.

It's infuriating against fox, since jab 1 pulls fox behind charizard if he's close enough. It's is pretty much a free punish for him. I've also noticed this happening with Kirby.
Hope this gets fixed soon. I've already died twice because of it
Thanks for the feedback Kumaru. Just wanted to make sure if it was viable or not and to get some advice from Charizard experts like yourself.

And it does sound like this tech will be very situational. I kinda regret finding it now. D:

Last edited:

Leety

Smash Cadet
NNID
Leety01
3DS FC
1993-8239-5899
This might coming from the fact that I'm also a Rosaluma main. There might be some use for this since spacing is very important for Zard and any option to change our current position is certainly very nice to have

Part of the reason why Luma is considered to have one of the best jabs is due to the amount of pressure it causes. The way that Luma just simply goes forward during a jab is great. But you also have to use them carefully as the opponent can DI jab cancels and get behind Luma, in which Rosa will start wiffing jabs if she's not careful.

This is a similar situation. It can probably be used effectively in some cases, but be careful in case the opponent DIs the jabs, you might find yourself in a cross-up situation

Probably needs more experimentation to see if it's got it's use, but the information is always good. Thanks for sharing.

Zard lover Doom Desire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
N1ntendogam1ng
I saw the video and it's hot...IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE CHARIZARD IS A FIRE TYPE, LAUGH NOW! In all seriousness, this looks really useful, beware, Shiek mains!

RadianB

Smash Journeyman
My post from November 23rd 2014:
I discovered a new useless tech with Charizard, well I'm not sure if it's totally useless but I can't find a use for it.
It's basically his jab but he moves a tiny bit further when he uses it. To do it hold forward-down diagonal on the analog stick and then press A, instead of doing a tilt he does his jab. You can tell it goes further if you repeatly do only the first hit of the jab whilst performing the tech, he'll eventually travel across the stage. It's not possible to do this with his normal jab as if you only repeatly do the first hit without doing the tech Charizard won't move from his current location at all.
I think it's useless because it's too hard to preform in a proper battle.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-charizard-metagame-discussion-topic.369770/page-5#post-18042109

=P

Top Bottom