• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Brawler stiffness

MrACalaway

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I just started playing brawl like a week ago and for some reason whenever I play online my controler (wii mote + nunchuck) seems to stiffen on me, but whenever I'm offline it never happens. I dont know if its just my imagination, the fact that my controler sucks, or something else. I just want to know if anyone else has, or had this problem and how to deal with it.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I'm not too sure what you mean by "stiffens," but if you are finding that your attacks seem to have a small delay before being executed, then yes, that would be Brawl's typical WiFi lag.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Thanks guys and yes the lag is horrendous
It sure can be at times, I am not confident about this, but in a thread a couple days ago someone posted a "tutorial" for beginner Brawl players. It should help you out if you are new-new, if you have the basics down already though it may not benefit you all that much.

Here is the thread: La-La-Laa

It requires the Nintendo channel, which is free to download in the Wii Store. I only checked out the section (Just searched for "Super Smash Bros Brawl") and there were tons of videos to look at.

Also, I noticed a discussion going on about reducing WiFi lag, might also want to check that out :)

The thing that really impressed me though, was the video on how to reduce lag. I dunno about anyone else, but info like that is new to me, and I'm gonna give it a go the moment I get my own wi-fi.
Good luck!

Top Bottom