• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New alternative to deal with Mario's Side B

Deployment

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Deployment
3DS FC
2509-3347-5407
With the PA region full of Mario Players I had to come with a new way of dealing with cape spam besides the usual bait and punish. You can JCBT away from Mario when he uses cape pushing you in range towards him to punish with the fastest options available for Tink but, various scenarios can happen depending on distant and when the opponent used cape:

1. Bomb hit confirms Mario for a follow up.
2. Bomb doesn't confirm but, can punish still.
3. Bomb smacks you placing you in a bad position.
4. Crossup behind Mario.
5. ???

What makes this option viable is that makes the Opponent question themselves when to side b when having a bomb in hand during mid and specially high percents. Hope I made myself clear enough to understand.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I didn't understand what you meant, do you mean: Run away from Mario > jump cancel toss bomb towards Mario > hope the bomb doesn't hit you?
Wouldn't it be more effective to run towards Mario as if you're going to throw the bomb at them and then jump cancel toss it upwards as a fakeout? (especially because you can then grab them through the cape, and then throw them towards the bomb or something?)

Deployment

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Deployment
3DS FC
2509-3347-5407
I didn't understand what you meant, do you mean: Run away from Mario > jump cancel toss bomb towards Mario > hope the bomb doesn't hit you?
Wouldn't it be more effective to run towards Mario as if you're going to throw the bomb at them and then jump cancel toss it upwards as a fakeout? (especially because you can then grab them through the cape, and then throw them towards the bomb or something?)
Run towards him > jcbt away from mario when you read the side b. momentum changes when it hits you. so all really depends on the timing when doing the bomb throw and when he sides b. wish i had videos to show it off.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
OK, I think I understand it now, but I still think throwing it upwards works too.
You mean this, right?

Deployment

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Deployment
3DS FC
2509-3347-5407
Yes! It is. I'm supriesd it hasn't been used in mid and top level play often. That solves the issue.

Top Bottom