• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New airdodge canceling for all characters on edges

ThisIsIt

Smash Rookie
so, any character can cancel their airdodge lag animation if they do it when moving towards the edge of the platform or the edge of the stage that they are facing. they can also perform their second jump if they mash the jump button right after canceling air dodge lag. its possible to travel through the whole of battlefield with most characters with this just this method. this is also possible by using the second jump then fast falling airdodge.

you don't even need to jump after canceling. i personally found that to be most interesting though, since you go into your double jump animation again. its similar to those few characters who can jump after a short hop air dodge.

but note! the timing and distance is very different for each character. some characters who normally have very laggy short hop air dodges can do this a lot easier. the characters with less laggy air dodges need to fast fall.

note 2 : you need to have horizontal air momentum, you can not simply jump vertically and fast fall airdoge for this to work. so jumping towards the edge of the stage or platform (even slightly) will allow this to work.

i so far found this very effective on battlefield due to the high number of platforms. but this can be done on any ledge.

im pretty sure every character can do it. i only tried with ganon, robin, marth and mario though.

Yes, it's an old little trick, but it's a nice little trick that you should definitely use if the situation permits.
Many many moves can be edge cancelled. Someone should compile a list.

Also, I like your avatar.
I know Rosalina can ledge cancel FAir and BAir, but they're basically just extensions of aerial landing desynchs. I'm sure lots more moves can be ledge cancelled but I'm pretty bad at doing it consistently so I only have a vague idea of what works... I think Marth and Lucina can cancel their NAirs?

Top Bottom