• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New advantageous tech?; Instant rising DJ.

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
I feel like the only one who does this, so I wanna share it, just like Danish did w/ the bomb haxdash.

So, Samus' double jump rises really fast, much faster than her slow full hop. It also covers the same relative height that normal full hop does. Basically, if you instantly double jump by buffering the second jump in your 5 jumpsquat frames, or right after it, you'll rise up as much as a full hop, twice as fast. Combine this with nair, or RAR bair, or hell, any aerial, you have a very quick follow up tool. I've been using this as my B&B followup or quick aerial poking tool for the past week, and my rate of landing hits has increased tenfold. Force yourself to use this, seriously, it'll help you drastically, or at least I hope it will. Also, a really important tip, for the love of god don't use this near the edge of the stage, nothing makes you feel like throwing the controller at your TV than getting gimped off of the stage because you didn't have your DJ. ^-^

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
I feel like the only one who does this, so I wanna share it, just like Danish did w/ the bomb haxdash.

So, Samus' double jump rises really fast, much faster than her slow full hop. It also covers the same relative height that normal full hop does. Basically, if you instantly double jump by buffering the second jump in your 5 jumpsquat frames, or right after it, you'll rise up as much as a full hop, twice as fast. Combine this with nair, or RAR bair, or hell, any aerial, you have a very quick follow up tool. I've been using this as my B&B followup or quick aerial poking tool for the past week, and my rate of landing hits has increased tenfold. Force yourself to use this, seriously, it'll help you drastically, or at least I hope it will. Also, a really important tip, for the love of god don't use this near the edge of the stage, nothing makes you feel like throwing the controller at your TV than getting gimped off of the stage because you didn't have your DJ. ^-^
I do this a lot to catch high recoveries with nair or bair, or to extend uair juggles by being able to get there faster than my opponent expects. I don't really think this is new. Also, I know you like discussing samus, but a lot of your threads could probably go in the stickied Samus thread to just keep down the clutter.

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
I do this a lot to catch high recoveries with nair or bair, or to extend uair juggles by being able to get there faster than my opponent expects. I don't really think this is new. Also, I know you like discussing samus, but a lot of your threads could probably go in the stickied Samus thread to just keep down the clutter.
I'll try posting there ocassionaly! And if it isn't new, somebody should've spoken about it by now, lol. We need to speak of any form of tech for Sammy, whatever gives her a decent edge on the battlefield.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
I use this a lot for fair followups after dash attack or down throw at the 60-80% range, sometimes up to 110% range without rage.
I know Sheik mains use this to extend the percent range of fthrow bouncing fish.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Yeah it's not explicitly mentioned in the combo thread, and it should be.
Although I broke things down into inputs from SH to FJ to DJ sometimes you do need to input very quickly the DJ. I'm hoping to update the thread this weekend, but I've been saying that for over a month now and keep getting side-tracked...

Annihilat®

Smash Journeyman
It would be more apparent if you didn't have to press the same button for jump twice. Falcon main usually do this, that I've noted.

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
It would be more apparent if you didn't have to press the same button for jump twice. Falcon main usually do this, that I've noted.
I use tap jump, so it's easy to use Y and up to make it instant! (:

Annihilat®

Smash Journeyman
I use tap jump, so it's easy to use Y and up to make it instant! (:
I just button spam it like the typical FG players spams dodge.

Tap Jump is like a pain to me because I never bothered to learn it with C-stick to Tilts. Sad thing is after how long of playing Melee, I never got used to it. I know there's some uses for it, but I personally have my top L button to Jump. You can do perfectly still aerial this way.

Top Bottom