• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Advanced Bomb Tricks/ techiques with Link

New Advanced Bomb Tricks/ techiques with Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
did i something wrong : ( ?
I haven't watched the guide yet because I'm at work,so I can't critique it yet. So no, so far you haven't. I am just lamenting at the boards having any guide no matter the quality be automatically posted here.

FSK

Smash Ace
Just a protip to Wheo, Izaw or anyone else out there. When you hear about things like Stefan-Boltzmann constant or Kalman filter or Newton's laws of motion or darwinism or Moore-Penrose pseudoinverse (I wonder if I'm getting my point across, I'll add a few more just in case) or Taylor series or Euler's number or De Morgan's laws or Zermelo-Fraenkel set theory or laplace transform or Lipschitz constant or Hölder inequality or Bolzano-Weierstrass theorem or Lyapunov stability or LaSalle's theorem or Nyquist plot or cauchy sequence or Barbalat's lemma or Barbashin-Krasovskii theorems or Euclidian space or Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman equations or Lie derivative or Parseval's theorem or Riccati equations or Banach space or Hilbert space or Lebesgue integration. These things were not termed by the creators themselves because that is frowned upon and is considered self-centered. The terms arise from the peers adopting the name because it's more practical for them to refer to the concepts using the creators names.

In short do not name techniques after yourselves.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Just a protip to Wheo, Izaw or anyone else out there. When you hear about things like Stefan-Boltzmann constant or Kalman filter or Newton's laws of motion or darwinism or Moore-Penrose pseudoinverse (I wonder if I'm getting my point across, I'll add a few more just in case) or Taylor series or Euler's number or De Morgan's laws or Zermelo-Fraenkel set theory or laplace transform or Lipschitz constant or Hölder inequality or Bolzano-Weierstrass theorem or Lyapunov stability or LaSalle's theorem or Nyquist plot or cauchy sequence or Barbalat's lemma or Barbashin-Krasovskii theorems or Euclidian space or Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman equations or Lie derivative or Parseval's theorem or Riccati equations or Banach space or Hilbert space or Lebesgue integration. These things were not termed by the creators themselves because that is frowned upon and is considered self-centered. The terms arise from the peers adopting the name because it's more practical for them to refer to the concepts using the creators names.

In short do not name techniques after yourselves.
OK, this is an ominous post.

You forgot the dunning-kruger effect. I mention it since I think it's appropriate and accurate.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
darwinism
On another note, 'darwinism' is a ridicilous and dated term nowadays propagated largely by opponents of it to make it seem as if its adherents believe in the man, not the facts.

Also, Wheo, watch for Foxy's AT thread which he will make soon. It will be our most comprehensive compendium/chrestomathy (heh) of ATs to date.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I hate to burst your bubble, but everything in your video was already known.

The ability to drop a bomb without Zair after an aerial was first mentioned by Fox is never perplexed
Btw, I figured out a few more ways to z-drop a bomb without having a Zair come out. There are the relatively known ways which is to z-drop a bomb immediately after doing a SH/FH or ledghop, but I found that the same can be done by z-dropping the bomb immediatley after any aerial, a footstool, or out of hitstun. So doing a ZAC is now more possible than ever.
BryE also made a video that showcases most of what can be found on the first half of your video. You can find it linked in the index or the metagame thread. Or you could just click this link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s621tT4lBSQ

Your last tech was known as well (I could've sworn there was a better example of this somewhere but I can't find it atm)
By dropping a bomb while fall back to the stage(not throwing), the bomb is beneath you to cover your fall, then fast falling with a down air to catch the bomb and fall to the stage with the sword hitbox beneath you quickly
You should spend more time on the boards other than occasionally popping in to post a video. It seems you might learn some things that way.

Also, I agree with what's been sais about naming techs after yourself. It makes you come across as stuck up and self centered, regardless of whether or not that was your intention.

All that being said, it was a very informative video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom