• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New 3DS C-Stick problem

Snugglefox

Smash Rookie
I'm having issues with the c-stick in the new 3DS. It is really insensitive to being pressed down and over sensitive to being pressed up. It seems to work better when I friction my thumb with a cloth.
There is nothing in settings to calibrate it like there is for the circle pad. The manual only mentions it auto recalibrating in sleep mode

Does anyone else have this problem? or should I contact Nintendo? I tried googling it but since not many English speakers have the New 3DS I just get review articles or results for the old 3DS and GameCube controller.

Why they didn't just give it a second circle pad is beyond me.

Last edited:

Eduardboon

Smash Rookie
Having the same problem. Up and left work fine. But when pushing down or right it just stops registering after 1 click. So the camera stops panning in monster hunter and the smashes in smash never reach their full potential while using the c stick. Really hope this is because the unit is still new.

Snugglefox

Smash Rookie
I got emailed a survey from Nintendo so I pointed out they should add a C-Stick calibration feature in an update (there's already one for the Circle Pad so it's odd it's missing for the C-Stick). For now I'm using the screen cloth from the Pokemon XY strategy guide to grip it better and it's helping to a degree (I don't actually have any games for it besides KIU and the Smash demo anyway).

IMO they really shouldn't have made it so small.

Last edited:

Eduardboon

Smash Rookie
I really hope they do this because my nub is centered. Are you having the same problems I am having with regards to sensitivity? So to the right and down doesn't really work while up and left is oversensitive. If I use a lot of pressure by using my nails it works fine though. Just not comfortable.

I can't send feedback to Nintendo since I imported my model from Australia.

Eduardboon

Smash Rookie
Yes though I'm not really struggling with right, just down.
Has the stick started to perform better or easier over time? I think the sleep mode calibration works pretty good since the knob works fine for a few minutes after opening the console.

Snugglefox

Smash Rookie
It only works with the cloth. I've only actually used it to test it since I prefer the left Circle pad for Kid Icarus Uprising and don't have any other games that use it besides the Smash demo.

Top Bottom