• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Mewtwo is the most interesting of the scrapped characters because he has the most leftover data. He must've been kept on the roster for the majority of the development after deciding to beef up the roster a bit, but due to some problem, he was removed very late in the progress.
Mewtwo was taken out due to unknown reasons? Could it be...no that's crazy...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Mewtwo was taken out due to unknown reasons? Could it be...no that's crazy...
Well, MAYBE he was taken out to give his place to Sonic, but if you'd ask me for my personal thought, Sakurai probably ran into some issue with Game Freak over Mewtwo's portrayal in Brawl (maybe even in conjunction in how garbage he was in Melee). Sakurai mentioned in an interview that working with Game Freak is particularly difficult because they want things in a very specific way, so I assume that they simply didn't like Mewtwo in Brawl and Sakurai was like "Well then screw it, let's put in someone else."

TL?

Smash Ace
Research? These are just wild guesses loosely based on 3 things. For example, how do you know this:
"In this step, the development team thought that the roster they had was too small, so they decided to introduce some of the characters from prequels that didn't make it"
Did you interview the development team? No? Then this is purely made up by you. How do you know that the dev team felt the roster was too small at one point? It's something I'm very curious about because ussually the dev team does not make design decisions like what the roster is, because those are left to the higher up designers/project leads. You need more than wild guesses for something to be a theory. Please don't call this research. :)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Research? These are just wild guesses loosely based on 3 things. For example, how do you know this:
"Wild" guesses? Don't make me laugh.

Did you interview the development team? No?
No, I did not. But I can make an educated guess given on the RESEARCH I put INTO creating these theories.

Then this is purely made up by you.
Which it's why it's called THEORIES. Thanks for reading the entire post before posting malicious crap.

How do you know that the dev team felt the roster was too small at one point? It's something I'm very curious about because ussually the dev team does not make design decisions like what the roster is, because those are left to the higher up designers/project leads.
Did you know that Sakurai, who is the producer of the game, was involved with the development? Yes?

You need more than wild guesses for something to be a theory. Theories are not just fanboy wild guesses. Please don't call this research. :)
I researched the data. But fine. There, I changed the title. Are you happy now?

TL?

Smash Ace
"Wild" guesses? Don't make me laugh.

No, I did not. But I can make an educated guess given on the RESEARCH I put INTO creating these theories.

Which it's why it's called THEORIES. Thanks for reading the entire post before posting malicious crap.

Did you know that Sakurai, who is the producer of the game, was involved with the development? Yes?

I researched the data. But fine. There, I changed the title. Are you happy now?
Thank you. :)

Also Sakurai is involved with the development because he is the Producer. But he does not write code or actually develop. There's a very large difference between being on the team and working with it/telling them what to do. This is very basic stuff. Shocking how a researcher such as yourself could make this mistake! :bee:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Lawl it was just a joke dude. If you had made an educated guess you would've realized I was implying mewtwo broke free from his digital cage and wreaked telepathic tragedies on the devs responsible for Pramai, thus resulting in the loss of said characters.

Well, I guess if you changed your mind this thread isn't needed any longer.
If you change your mind again, I can unlock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom