• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neutral Game

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
So I feel like when I play against players that are better than me, my biggest shortcoming is in the neutral game, so I was wondering what some other Wario mains thought about his neutral game.

I feel like it varies depending on your opponent due to the nature of matchups and whatnot, but generally, I feel like Nair, D-tilt, spaced B-airs, and mixup Shoulder/dash grabs are my go-to options in neutral. This doesn't include power-shielding, perfect shielding, empty jumps, and shield grabs, which I am currently working into my neutral game, but it still feels a bit weak, and I feel like it is probably something really basic that I am missing.

Any advice would be appreciated.

CPU?

Smash Apprentice
Shield grabbing won't take long to get good at, and all the things you mentioned work pretty well in Wario's neutral game. (except for his terrible dash grab)
Know that his nair crosses up shields really well. And his bair is very safe when spaced properly.

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
Well the dash grab is a mixup, and I use it when I feel like not being toooo predictable. It isn't so much because it is good, as it is me not wanting them to shield 100% of the time to counter the shoulder :x

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
You've pretty much hit the nail on the head when it comes to neutral, the only advice I can give you is practice more. Dash dancing is actually pretty decent with wario so don't forget that, so is his wavedash (not great but it's not bad). Just work on improving on what you already know, and you'll be fine.

Top Bottom