• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neutral game help?

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
I just recently got back into PM after stopping to get better at Melee, and picked Lucas back up again. I play Sheik in Melee, so I never really approach and kind of just dash dance and bait and punish off of whiffs and mistakes, and I've gotten down how to do play and punish with her, but Lucas is a whole different Type of character with more technicality and tools , so I'm kind of clueless here

How should I be playing in neutral?
Usually it's hard for me to get in unless I do a low turned around DJC PK Freeze from a dash dance Into an approach (usually spaced forward air into wave-shine stuff) , and even then sometimes they can shield after and Shield grab my fair or other approach, so it isn't really always reliable.
Just wondering the best general best ways to play the neutral game as him;
Best offensive approache options, ways to play defensively, etc.

I'm pretty decent at connecting combos once I get a good hit or grab, i just struggle on knowing what to do to get in or how to camp and such. Thanks for the help in advance

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Dash SHFFL dairs/nair
SH/DJC PKFs at mid range

I've played Lucas' who approached with PSI Magnet.

Lucas' neutral is somewhat similar to Falco's, I see that you main Falco, so you should really have no problem with it.

Top Bottom