• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neutral A + Grab

phxdragon54

Smash Apprentice
There is a technique I've noticed in both SK92 and Bombersoldier. What they do a lot is tap A to do a swipe but rather than pressing it two more times to do the spin attack, they grab. What do they do in order to grab rather than executing the neutral A spin attack. Do they crouch cancel? Shown at :27 and 1:02 in the youtube and many more times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM9HpDULaNM&feature=related

TheX0913

Smash Apprentice
Jersey City, New Jersey; Cornell at Ithaca, New Yo
have you tried doing this move yourself? I don't think there is anything to difficult about it. I just think that he presses A once and grabs. There should be no cancel because the neutral A has a delay that allows for another command. Like pressing A again.

D

Deleted member

This trick is meant to cause them to shield and start DIing out to try to avoid the jab combo. You take advantage of the fact that they put up shield instinctively and grab them instead, Dthrow to Dair which then leads to more good stuff. Make sure to change it up however, and finish out the AAA combo sometimes. Otherwise they will know you are going for the grab and punish.

Just a simple mind game is all.

PS. I think crouch canceling does cut off a few frames of the lag after the jab, so you can grab slightly faster. Shouldn't make too much of a difference though.

phxdragon54

Smash Apprentice
the issue i had was pressing z to grab would cause the execution of the remaining neutral A spin attack, i probably just need to delay it.

Tengosku

Smash Cadet
the issue i had was pressing z to grab would cause the execution of the remaining neutral A spin attack, i probably just need to delay it.
or l/r + a
rite?

delaying it would let them get their own jab or spot dodge in

Top Bottom