• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Netplay Issue?

Hyperion965

Smash Cadet
Hey, I just started using Netplay and it hasnt been cooperative. I set it up just like the guide stated, but been having troubles hosting and connecting. It states that I "Disconnected" from the person when trying to connect and vice versa. I don't have any issues with internet since I'm in a University, but its quite frustrating trying to play online. Any help? I also tried connecting to a different router that was not affiliated with the school and the same issue occurred. Now I'm very lost.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Well usually this is a router/firewall issue. Many people at schools/public internet locations experience this but it happens for some other people too when their router does't like how Dolphin opens a port.. Create a firewall exception and if that doesn't work you must port forward.

Top Bottom