• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness's dash attack can KO at 94%

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Now this might be something I'm not aware about, but I am very sure that this isn't normal and is possibly an exploit.

So earlier today, I was at the good 'ol Smash Ladder playing Fuel Ness and this happened:

Considering that Rosalina went through the blast line in one second means that this can KO at even lower percent. I also find it odd that the camera seemed like it was higher than usual. I also don't remember his dash attack launching the opponent upwards like that. It barely even made contact to Rosalina.

Does anyone know about this, or have an idea of how to perform it consistently?

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Actually, AnchorTea, I would say you've discovered something. At least as far as I'm concerned. I thought it was stupid that Peach's dash attack could kill, but if Ness is capable of doing this himself, then I take back that sentiment. xD It looks like the last spark is what does it. I'm wondering if the first spark is capable of this as well. Fortunately, Ness' dash attack can be used as a spacing tool, though it's probably not advised. The sparks fly out at a good enough range. You just have to be sure your opponent doesn't have a longer reach than that.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Actually, AnchorTea, I would say you've discovered something. At least as far as I'm concerned. I thought it was stupid that Peach's dash attack could kill, but if Ness is capable of doing this himself, then I take back that sentiment. xD It looks like the last spark is what does it. I'm wondering if the first spark is capable of this as well. Fortunately, Ness' dash attack can be used as a spacing tool, though it's probably not advised. The sparks fly out at a good enough range. You just have to be sure your opponent doesn't have a longer reach than that.
Maybe the last spark has a tipper?

Celestial

Smash Cadet
NNID
TangerineCrayon
I think the biggest thing to note here is that Rosalina was charging her down smash when Ness' dash attack hit her. If you get hit while charging a smash attack the knockback of the move you were hit by will be much larger, somewhere around 2 times the normal amount. That coupled with Rosa's low weight is what we're seeing here. It's still very cool though, we should look for opportunities to punish charging smash attacks.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Maybe the last spark has a tipper?
I wouldn't say that. Ness' dash attack naturally forces the opponent to fly upward, which is great against people who roll away from you, because you could then use an aerial afterwards. So I think that's pretty much the case here with Rosaluma. The attack hits people upward, and because she's light, she launched. I'm just wondering how low of a percent other characters have to be before flying to their death as well.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
You can't hit with the first 2 sparks.

The way counterhits work in this game is that the first hit you take while charging a smash greatly increases the knockback you take. If you hit with the first hit of dash attack, you'll multiply the knockback of the first hit only. If you want to launch them off of the top, you've got to only hit with the last hit.
Also, they need to be light as a feather, charging a smash, and have high damage already.

It's not too practical.

VentusNeos

Smash Cadet
NNID
VentusNeos
3DS FC
0087-2490-5498
I think the biggest thing to note here is that Rosalina was charging her down smash when Ness' dash attack hit her. If you get hit while charging a smash attack the knockback of the move you were hit by will be much larger, somewhere around 2 times the normal amount. That coupled with Rosa's low weight is what we're seeing here. It's still very cool though, we should look for opportunities to punish charging smash attacks.
^ This, also you have some Rage, as you're at 104% But the counterhit is what killed

Top Bottom