• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness v Jigglypuff Court Case of the Century

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I've played for a whole year against jigglypuff and this is what I discovered:

It's not a counter. At worst it's a soft counter but that's it. I think it's even. Ness has advantage on the stage, Jiggs off the stage, but who doesn't have the advantage against Ness off the stage.

+Pk Flash = ****** jigglypuffs when they miss a rest.

Question: Can jigglypuffs tech the pkflash with smash DI? I know it's possible with the bat, but pk flash sends you upwards.

Yeah, erebody gonna dink Im stoopit.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
It's pretty simple actually. I've learned that 80% of the time, you can outprioritize Jigglypuff's approach with an uptilt or an ftilt(only Bash outdoes both). Fair outranges, but with Jigglypuff's floatiness, that ends up being largely a moot point in terms of defense. Now, for defense, this is pretty good, except for the fact that deciding whether to use a uptilt or ftilt is largely guesswork, and if you pick the wrong one, Jigglypuff has a chance to start up a combo against Ness, which can turn into an offstage affair if you are unlucky, and that's the worst thing possible. So if you can learn to read Jigglypuff, you can defend against most of her approaches pretty well, as well as mixing in all your other ground game and aerials in order to keep up the mindgame aspect. On the offensive, the play is wierd, and I haven't been able to figure it out. Obviously, your main attack, the bair, is largely useless due to floatiness and priority. It's not completely useless, but....your best bets are your uair and your bat. Both are still pretty difficult to land at all against a Jigglypuff. You have to read her approach and force her into a position she doesn't want to be in. Try getting her to land on platforms, even if only to give you a goal to hit her, otherwise you'll try every single opportunity you see, and Jigglypuff can read you by the nose.

Also if you get offstage, prioritize hitting Jigglypuff over recovery. Fairs can push it away long enough to get a PKT2 off, and if the Jiggly sill tries to stop it, there's a small chance of PKT2ing it, so even if you don't recover, the damage is good with a chance of killing. I guess Simna could do it, but are you him? No? Then shut up.

Also, someone tell me if I'm wrong about the ftilt utilt thing. It's just from experience, those two seem to work very very often against his aerials when spaced properly.

Levitas

the moon
thesage, there is massive hitstun on the pk flash, so it's extremely likely that someone can tech the Pk flash.

Levitas

the moon
last jiggs I played I destroyed.

Then two days later under the same conditions, he destroyed me back. Let's go with even.

Levitas

the moon
Same goes for any incantation moves with Jiggs. Psi magnet taunt is funny if you know they can't get there for the rest in time.

PK flash is sooo good against a sleeping Jiggs, though.

Top Bottom