• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Ness Tech Guide

Slatanata

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4425-2033-3295
Slatanata submitted a new guide:

Ness Tech Guide - A Guide To Tech With Ness in pm

Ness is a very interesting character in every game but especially Project M. In Project M Ness has the ability to cancel his double jump with a move just like he could in Melee and Smash 64. He also has a magnet which you can jump cancel just like a shine. also he can run strait out of his up b making for some very interesting strings and his pk fire activates on shields allowing for lots of set ups.

Double Jump Cancel
Double jump cancel is a super useful tool. for example because most...
Read more about this guide...

Slatanata

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4425-2033-3295
Let me know if I missed anything. If your here you obviously know a bit about Ness too

Boiko

:drshrug:
A lot of the info is somewhat inaccurate although I appreciate your efforts of compiling Ness techs. If you haven't already read the Ness advanced techs post, definitely check it out.

Slatanata

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4425-2033-3295
A lot of the info is somewhat inaccurate although I appreciate your efforts of compiling Ness techs. If you haven't already read the Ness advanced techs post, definitely check it out.
Let me know what things are wrong. Also definitely never knew about that advanced tech guide in the ness section.

Boiko

Let me know what things are wrong. Also definitely never knew about that advanced tech guide in the ness section.
For example, the yo-yo edge guard. It can be used infinitely on characters like Snake, or Ness, and is generally used against species to stage spike (dsmash) or force a straight up recovery (usmash) which is then punished with f smash, dair, ftilt.

Slatanata

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4425-2033-3295
For example, the yo-yo edge guard. It can be used infinitely on characters like Snake, or Ness, and is generally used against species to stage spike (dsmash) or force a straight up recovery (usmash) which is then punished with f smash, dair, ftilt.
Yeah or you could just nair or down air and not even give them a chance to recover, but it's all a matter of opinion and I like seeing varying opinions because it shows that ness is a diverse character and can be played in many ways.

I use air personalty because it has more priority or can trade with (not really 100% sure) than fox' side b and up b. You hit your opponent far enough and fox and falco aren't making it back but I see how you can use you yoyo in a similar situation.

Boiko

It won't be that easy to jump out and beat a fire fox on an intelligent player. Mixing up ledgeguards or forcing them to recover from a less favorable position is key.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
It just seems really unprofessional :/

There's spelling and grammar mistakes, you aren't objective about anything (you don't call things bad in your opinion in a guide) and some of the information isn't correct/specific (PKF has landing lag, its not certain frames, its 1 frame for the platform DJL)

I mean its free to post things here but this would be better as an opinion thread rather than a guide.

Roost3r

Smash Cadet
As for some other things to mention in this of you're still trying to work on it:

Rising aerials - Pretty much all of his aerials can be utilized really effectively while rising. Rusing Dair is a powerful edgeguard, Fair combos into more Fairs, Bair combos into another Bair sometimes, etc

Chaingrabs - A big part of Ness's game in certain matchups is his throw game. D-throw chaingrabs on a good amount of characters, U-throw chaingrabs, as well as D-throw B&B followups like D-throw - Fair or Bair depending on DI

Top Bottom