• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Dash Atack Glitch?

metroid1117

Smash Master
I don't main as Ness, but my friend (you may know him as DD151) does. Anyway, there are some times when he gets the sweetspotted dash attack on me when he's Ness and then I go up into the air like a standard hit, but then I go shooting up into the sky in the sky in the non-tumbling position. Is there any explanation as to why this happens? Or is it because for some reason during that attack if you try to un-tumble you'll go flying up? There is something similar to this when you get shined by Falco sometimes; you get sent up into the air but you're not in tumbling position.

And guys, please be serious with your responses; this is going under the notes for Seanson's Hitbox System. I need at least some explanation if the information for Ness' dash attack is going to be accurate.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
that happens when you are hit down, then hit again while you are on the ground after you are invincible.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
whats happening is you are hitting with the dash attack's different parts in a specific order.

There is a part that knocks them away from you, another part thats a small shock or reset hit, and there is also a part that pops them up

do get the effect you've run into you are hitting them with the parts in this order: Knock away part-->Popup part-->Reset part

After the knock-away part the popup part hits them and they fly up higher than normal due to the strong momentum from the knockaway part, but before they get up much at all, the reset hit catches them and stops them from tumbling

Massive

Smash Champion
It is exactly as simna said, as soon as your stagger from the electric hit wears off, the other hit that was queued up chucks you into the sky with its phantom inertia.

And yet, momentum is conserved...

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
Yeah this can actually be done with other moves that "shove" an opponent - Doc's cape can do it quite often, for example.

Top Bottom