• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Corneria Glitch (Fox Counters Ness On Corneria)

GofG

Smash Champion
So... you go down to the lasers to do your thing, right? Your buddy, who plays a decent fox, carefully makes his way down to you and is owned by grabs.

But he tries again on his next stock, and is able to actually land because he pulled some sort of trick.

He grabs, downthrows, and up smashes while facing to the right.

BAM.

Ness goes 50 feet THROUGH THE SHIP and pop's out under the stage, with no chance of recovery.

Fox now has the lasers under control as he can both wall-tech and shine, and it's quite hard for ness to get down there without being grabbed and pulled into this same combo.

Your thoughts?

Ademisk

Smash Champion
First off, this is considering Fox can get down to where Ness is, AND grab him. Which is unlikely considering that if Fox lands on the lasers, without Ness ripping him off and ruining his ****, Ness's best option is to run away and then edgeguard Fox.

Foxy

Smash Master
This is true and valid. While it requires skill and some luck on the Fox's part, a grab from the left (facing the right) and a down-throw on Ness will almost always glitch and slide Ness through and under Corneria. It results in instant death.

Now, if Fox cannot land a grab facing the right, he can also perform one facing the left, which if chained from a down-throw to an up-smash, spikes Ness off the bottom of the ship and to another certain death. However, Ness can tech the down-throw before the smash for an easy escape, but he is still susceptible to many other options that Fox has. It's an easy punish.

So while Fox may not be a "counter" on Corneria, Ness shouldn't have an easy time with him. Ness's game will have to be focused on safe kills and preventing Fox from landing on the laser platform. Now Ness has to worry about any grab from Fox, as a down-throw from either direction is almost an instant-kill.

I tried this out with my friends when I found out about this, and I'll try to get a video recorded displaying this awesome glitch.

Levitas

the moon
Ademisk is right. Even though the fox fire has only 2 frames of lag after landing, Ness can camp down there and camp above if the fox goes down there due to PK magnet. All fox has going for him is that he's "top tier". Pssssh.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
I dont get it. =(
Can somebody make a vid I think it would be more convenient because I have no idea what you mean with ''and you do your thing,right?''

Top Bottom