• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Changes (?) (Post patch 1.1.3)

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
Hey guys. Please put the changes here! Thanks.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Probably easier to just refer to the patch notes thread for the 1.1.3 update. Dataminers have already uncovered changes for some characters, though nothing's been found for Ness yet. We can only be sure of anything once the update actually hits too, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ness remains mostly unchanged like in previous updates.

Gorom87

Smash Rookie
I tested him after the update and the neutral b is diferent. Is faster and has more range. I can be wrong, and can't provide any more detais (i'm still a noob).

_clinton

Smash Master
Ness could have some less landing lag on moves. A lot of characters have got that and its a bit harder to see that.

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
In the official notes is just that he has half heal in team games. But is with the "?" simbol. Can someone test this better?

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
I saw that too. I plan to test this myself, but it'll have to be after work today. From what I've heard, this is part of a universal change to how move absorption works in teams; for instance, the Vanish+Bucket combo is supposedly also less effective.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Hey, can someone check the ******** stuff about PKThunder? The inconsistent wallbounce on the left walls and the cut on half by collision effect. Had they fixed this yet or are they really letting this garbage go by?

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
I saw that too. I plan to test this myself, but it'll have to be after work today. From what I've heard, this is part of a universal change to how move absorption works in teams; for instance, the Vanish+Bucket combo is supposedly also less effective.
Yeap! Villager neutral B and MRGW down B was nerfed (in teams) too!

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Ness and Lucas' PSI Magnets do indeed heal half as much as before when absorbing something from a teammate. Pseudo-crappy vid here.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm not even mad about the nerf on Ness and Lucas' PSIM. I used the Bob-Omb to see if the solo Smash healed Ness from 30% to 0% and it does. However, in team Smash, I was at 31% and the Bob-Omb reduced my percentage all the way down to 6-7%.

_clinton

Smash Master
Anyone test custom moves yet? Cause I think freeze got buffed in speed but I'm not 100% sure. Also I still think nair has less landing lag.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Anyone test custom moves yet? Cause I think freeze got buffed in speed but I'm not 100% sure. Also I still think nair has less landing lag.
If Ness had changes in frame data, Kurogane or one of those guys who check frame data would told us already.

Top Bottom