• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Needle Turnaround Help

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
So I've been practicing my needle turnaround, but too often I use Shiek's chain.

My input: Dash, Jump, Opp. Direction, B, L

However, I seem to press Opp.Direction and B to close together, but I feel like if I wait longer I will fall below the ledge and won't edgehog effective enough. Is needle turnaround even used for edgehog?

Thanks!
Wav | Glish

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I'm not the best at it either, but you prob just have to get used to the correct button input timing. And yup, it's used plenty by Sheik mains in both Melee and P:M.

waifumagnet

Smash Rookie
For turnaround needles, I like to flick the stick in the opposite direction and then press b. I find that helps with both turning around and also not getting the chain to come out.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Oh, yeah. In case you weren't aware Glish, Turnaround Neutral-Bs (e.g. Needles) require the Control stick to return to Neutral position before B is pressed. Silly of me for not including that to help w/ improving your timing, my b.

D

Deleted member

i use this at least 10 times every single match. sheik's edge game is one of her biggest advantages

get practicing

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
What's the advantage of needle turnaround over RAR ramen noodles?

Top Bottom