• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Need Tips From Sheik Users~

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
Heya, I'm sort of new to using Sheik, and I was wondering if anyone has any tips for me. I'm looking for combos that I can practice and perfect. I'm also looking for some good strategies and ways to enter combat.

Thanks everyone who helps. And if you want to Brawl with my Sheik, just need to PM me. I can use all the practice I can get.

I don't turn into Zelda sadly, it just doesn't suit my style of gameplay, so don't suggest any Zelda-based strategies or switch-offs.

I'd also prefer if you explain some Brawl terms, because some terms I'm not used to. (F-Air, B-Air, N-Air, U-Tilt, D-Smash, Forward-B) Those kind of things. And other things like Fox Trots? What are those? Anyways, the point is it'd be a lot easier for me to understand your posts if you explained thoroughly about the Brawl terms.

SheikSmasher

Smash Cadet
Never use her down air from what i've seen its rubbish though use it if you wanna take a risk because it might pay off

airius

Smash Cadet
Actually i find an occasional d-air to be very effective when used sparingly. Sheik does a small jump midair just before her downward descent that can throw the opponent just below you off. Of course it is only effective if your opponent doesn't see it coming.

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
Never use her down air from what i've seen its rubbish though use it if you wanna take a risk because it might pay off
I see, thank you. I usually don't D-Air, because I figure a Fast-Fall and N-Air works pretty much the same, just without the lag that D-Air gives me. And D-Air doesn't have that big a knock-back, nor does it lead into any combos, leaving me wide open. Thanks for the tip anywho.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
use your f-tilt. f tilt can be combo'd into a grab, sometimes an up smash, an up tilt, a jab, or even another forward tilt

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
me too .....................*sigh*
Ooh, I hear you're the best Sheik mainer in Melee? Maybe I'm wrong? But whenever I hear talk about Sheik, your name gets dragged in with some Gameplay Videos. You're actually quite good with Sheik, though I've never seen a Super Smash Bros. BRAWL video of yours. :(

Anyways, thanks for the tips guys, and about that F-Tilt combo. Working well for me. :) I score at least 40% before breaking with a U/D-Smash. :)

I'm still looking for tips, so if anyone can provide any, pro or not. :p And can someone answer a question? What does DI mean? Because I hear that term used a lot in combos... Like, DI-able, Un-DI-able... Like, they say it can be DI out of? Is it like some kind of dodge? My guess... Is that it's Shield - Down? And I guess I'm looking for combos that can't be DI out of. :) Thank you to all the tip providers!

Rebel581

Smash Champion
I usually switch from ftilt to utilt after 2 ftilts, because most characters can airdodge out after that. Going to try usmashing and grabbing out of it though... didn't think that would work.

I usually grab a lot more with Sheik too than other characters. Her dash grab has good range, and you can usually dthrow into something. Otherwise, it tacks on some more damage. Hit them a couple of times after grabbing them. Charge needles and keep them charged. Needles will go through every thing, including MK's tornado. They're useless by themselves though. I throw them on the ground usually. They can also pass through the opponent at times and hit them towards you. Capitalize by grabbing.

Edgeguard with bair and use your chain carefully. It's one of Sheik's best recovery and edgeguarding tactics, but it's risky to use.

I also only use Sheik usually, but when the enemy just gets to too high of a percent and I can't get the kill move off, I switch to Zelda. Forward b several times and use a smash just so you can kill them. Dsmash is her fastest smash. Then switch back while they're dead.

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
oh ok i dont feel like writing a whole post because im lazy but theres a few things you can practice.

-figure out the range of your chain its very helpful as a recovery technique
-figure out how to sweetspot the edge with your up+b (if you land on the stage with it your asking to get knocked out)

i like keeping needles charged but not often using them. i feel i do better just from my enemy being afraid im GOING to use them to trying to get them off my (smash)balls trying to charge them.

oh and if your running towards the edge and start to charge needles you will slide off. so dont do that =p

if you want to be pro (well i dont know what pros do but i found it to be effective) if you want to be... like me =p try to learn how to get your UP+B off as a edgeguarding move (in the air)

you only hurt them with the first explosion but its good damage and knockback and usually can hit them from a range where they couldnt hit you first... MEANING.

if you get good at it you can either hit them with it or they dodge it in which case you appear back on the stage (or grab the edge) with enough time to figure out what your going to do next.

oh and learn zelda. its fine if you hate her but just get a basic understanding of what shes like

trust me you will thank me if you ever accidentally hit down+b and dont know any of zeldas moves so you just get your greenshell kicked trying to shift back.

you dont have to get awesome as zelda just know things such as in the air holding up and pushing A will produce a fireball above zelda. this would be called a up-air

Top Bottom