• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need team advice.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
king, chozen1, kishprimes input would be great.
i usually team with my friend who mains fox. We are a pretty decent team but we know we can be a lot better. I try to help him out as he does me. we grabto rest whent he opportunity is present and i save him with pounds on ocassion. lately though it seems our teamwork has gotten worse. here are the most recent vids ihave. advice would be great. thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT7eMaV7CRQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9WWdFbTMuU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kAFgHE_0_M

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
Just a warning - this is what works for me, not necessarily the ideal way to play jiggs in teams:

I tend to play it a lot safer than you do. My partner's job is to rack up damage and knock an opponent off the stage. My job is to keep the other opponent occupied (while keeping myself safe and able to bail on a moment's notice) and look for gimpy rests until my partner knocks someone off the stage, and then I take over edgeguarding for him. Try to keep at a medium distance from your partner, lest he get double teamed (if they double team him while you're close enough, it's often very easy to slide a rest in).

Essentially my partner handles damage and I look for gimp kills and save my stocks for the final stretch. Try being more selectively aggressive. I also find grab to rest is a lot more effective during 2 v 1 than 2 v2 -- during 2 v 2 play, i prefer just quick unexpected rests while an opp is in hitlag or otherwise indisposed. There are a lot of opportunities if you keep your eye out for it.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
that works good but against the better teams if i just become the stock saver my partner doesn't do as well.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
First off.. Teams are completly different from Singles.

The above mentioned is a common mistake that even the best players make. Team work above all else is the key stone to a great team. Watch some Ken+Isai videos and you will notice that there are few times when they "do their own thing" during their matches. Jigglypuff is a very effective teammate in a large part due to her resting abilitity. Normally [in singles] you would be punished for a missed rest, but in teams a simple tap of the "a" button negates that disadvantage. ie- do random rests b/c they are good.

Secondly.. both of you need to grab alot more. Grabbing makes it so you and your grabbed opponent stay in one place at the same time, and it allows your partner to go from where-ever they may be, and do an Fsmash/Usmash/ect. Grabbing is the keystone to a successful team, and esspecially to a Jiggly oriented team. Also, be more aware of where your partner is. This will allow you to save them if they need help, and own if they mindgame in a grab.

This is all i can really tell you. Teams are far more dependent on you+your partner's dynamic together than anything else.

Good Day Sir.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
The only thing I saw that hasn't been mentioned was possible communication. It looks like you guys are on the same page as far as what needs to be done, but instead of a quick "got it" or something you both rush in. 1 person gets the hit, the other hits the teammate. I saw a few stocks taken off like this in those vids. Sit next to each other. Come up with some quick phrases you can mutter back and forth so you don't gimp your teammate.

Top Bottom