• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Some Reassurance From the Ike Community

Haji

Smash Rookie
So I come here on behalf of my brother... I personally main Metaknight and he enjoys to play Ike... The interesting thing is that I only win like 1/3 of the matches that we play (because I genuinely believe he is better than I am) but he continues saying that Metaknight is completely cheap and overpowered. He believes that Metaknights smash attacks have equal knockback potential to Ikes, that Metaknights range is equal to, if not FARTHER than Ikes and he thinks that Ike should have equal speed and recovery time to Metaknight.

Am I crazy in thinking that he makes no sense whatsoever? I personally feel that Ikes smash attacks have incredible power and range but that is counteracted by the fact that they execute quite slowly requiring for precise timing and if Ike had Metaknights speed then he would be pretty broken. Do I have the right idea about Ike or am I completely off base?

DuB 22

Smash Cadet
Omg your brother has got it all wrong......

Ike's range= MK x2
Ike's Knockback = MK x 9001

Your right, next time he says that, Aether him, and no I don;t mean Aether him in the game either. Post vids of real life A3th3rz!

Hinote

Smash Cadet
It's funny because people complain that MK can't kill. You are correct, Ike has more range and knockback than Meta Knight.

Zevox

Smash Lord
You have the right idea. Meta Knight's range is decent, but not as good as Ike's by any means. And what could possibly make him think Meta Knight's knockback is the equal of Ike I'll never know - except for Sonic, Meta Knight has perhaps the worst overall knockback on his moves of any character in the game, while only a handful of other characters' attakcs can equal or exceed Ike's smashes (the only ones that come to mind are Lucas' u-smash, Dedede and Snake's f-smashes, Ganondorf's Warlock Punch (and maybe a smash or two of his), and maybe Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch).

If Ike were as fast as Meta Knight, he'd be the most broken character in the history of smash.

Zevox

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
If by knockback pontencial that 1 fully charged MK smash= one uncharged Ike smash than yes. However, Metaknight relies on getting in your face and staying there.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
More then anything it takes Metaknight far more time and hits to KO Ike in most cases, Metaknight speed means nothing if Ike lands a decent shot. In most situations I kill Metaknights more times then most characters in a match... but that may just be due to the sheer abudence of them XD

Nava

Smash Journeyman
I hate this matchup. Metaknight has the upper hand by far. Ike might have more range, but it doesn't matter when he just gets punished after the lag on all of his attacks. It's impossible to get a smash attack off on a good Metaknight, unless you just get lucky.

And the tornado is broken in this matchup.

Othersyde

Smash Rookie
Metaknight has the worst knockback - doesn't even compare to Ike. At the same time - Ike's range is greater than Metaknight's.

However...

Metaknight is one of Ike's tougher matchups. Speed kills and Metaknight has plenty of it. He is an annoying little combo king with a nearly broken tornado that can be spammed. My brother plays a good MK and as Ike it is the most frustrating match up for me.

And if Ike was to be given MK's speed... GOD MODE. :psycho:

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Yeah, basically what others have said. As an Ike main I find metaknight to be one of my least favorite matchups. He's just too quick for the big guy to deal with.

Also, your brother is probably right, I don't think there would be very many that disagree that meta = top tier, so I guess that's overpowered.

Top Bottom