• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some help...

spoofrice11

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm pretty new to Super Smash Bros, having only played a little on the Wii before.
  • Does the game have a tutorial or something to help teach me?
  • I can't figure out how to do more than a few moves, and no big specials.
    Is hitting A or B with a direction is that the only way to do moves, or are there special attacks you have to hit more than 1 button at once or do combos? (Is there a list of what buttons do what anywhere?)
  • And when battling the Computer, I can knock them 30 feet away and they can somehow do multiple jumps or special moves to get back on the platform (is there a way to hit them farther so they can't make it back? I only blast them off when they are a ways over 100 damage). I fall off myself using Yoshi's Egg roll or Pikachu's tackle and I can't get back on a lot (I found out B helps shoot you up, but sometimes my character wont do anything no matter what I press until he is too far down to recover).
Thanks for any help!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I suggest looking through the guides section.

Most character's moves are based on direction input + A or B. For example :GCR:+:GCA: will result in a forward smash (assuming you are facing right) for every character. Each directional input will result in a different move for each character but the input is the same for each character.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
1. It has a quick video and a training arena. But you will really learn playing against bots with increasing difficulty levels or playing with a friend. Then, going to the multiplayer.

2. There are two attack buttons, the Attack and Special Attack. All of them works with the diretional sticks and behave different for each direction. There's no better guide than just experiment each character by yourself, since there are no "secret moves" or combos. Just select a character and experiment all the nuances you can do with combinations of the directional and attack and special attack butons, only pressing the buttoons, holding them, or in the air... there's no mistery or necessity of a guide. Maybe watch some experienced players playing with the character after you experiment would be good.

3. Try to charge your special attacks when you have the opportunity. Or use moves out of the stage to send them to the abyss when they are trying to return (just dont fall together xD)

Last edited:
Top Bottom