• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need some help

dukelion

Smash Rookie
hey guys, im new, just thought id say what up before asking some questions

previously, in melee, and original, i mainly played with friends, and fooled around, but never really looked into certain strategies, etc.

at firs glance i was debating on maining diddy, olimar, or toon link, and altho i still play those 3, who are all fun, i want to main the ice climbers

in melee i mainly played young link, and sheik, and tryed ice climbers

couple things, Desynching seems to be tough at the moment,

1) how long does it last, and can someone describe the controlling of nana ?

2) having some problems with chain throwing, can it only be done at a certain % - % ?

i have watched some vids/ tutorials, and they make it look too easy >_<

but anyways, if anyone can give a little insight id appreciate it, and thanks

Lightning Ice

Smash Journeyman
Here's a good video on chaingrabs that describes the percentages, just remember that different characters weigh more and less so the timing changes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHfGqpHBZI4

As for desyncing it lasts for as long as you keep imputing commands where only one of the Climbers can follow it. Basically Nana has a certain "leash" where she'll listen to anything you tell her to do 6 frames after Popo and if she gets knocked too far or you walk off on her she'll switch to AI control and get back to your side.Desyncing involves forcefully making Nana recover from a dashdance and allow Popo to do a move without Nana and that leaves him occupied using that move and Nana is free to do what she wants.

Top Bottom