• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Some Help With The Dino. (Controls)

Yoshi43DS

Smash Rookie
In a chair thinking about Pokemon Trainer amiibo
So, I’ve been wtching a lot of competitive guides lately for Yoshi, I’m practicing what they say but I can’t consistently shorthop. Is this due to my use of tap jump? Or do I just need to practice more? I’m just trying to practice shorthop nairs and fairs but I see others using x or y to jump. Do I need to get a new control set? If so, what is optimal for Yoshi? I have WiiU Pro Controller. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Pixel_

Smash Ace
So, I’ve been wtching a lot of competitive guides lately for Yoshi, I’m practicing what they say but I can’t consistently shorthop. Is this due to my use of tap jump? Or do I just need to practice more? I’m just trying to practice shorthop nairs and fairs but I see others using x or y to jump. Do I need to get a new control set? If so, what is optimal for Yoshi? I have WiiU Pro Controller. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
I would say this is the optimal Yoshi control scheme:

Tap jump is generally considered bad for Yoshi because you can accidentally waste your double jump when you use an Up B (if you input it wrong, you'll double jump and then cancel the momentum with Up B, leaving you without a double jump), which is not great when you're trying to recover.
Short hops are done by tapping jump really quickly, and I would say that's harder if you're using the analog stick to jump (tapping a button as fast as you can is a lot easier).

Top Bottom