• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some help with installation

sirflynn

Smash Rookie
I've been looking around at some threads here and nothing has worked so far. I'm trying to use the hackless full set version. When I go to the Stage Builder, a loading icon appears but nothing happens and it continues to the Stage Builder as usual. I am using a recently bought 2GB SD card that has already been reformatted and there are no custom stages. I extracted the contents of the zip directly into the card's directory so I'm not really sure what's wrong.

MaxThunder

PM Support
did you get a "nohomebrew" folder?.. if so everything in that folder should go directly in the sd card, not the folder itself...

Fortress

Smash Master
Flynn said he'd extracted everything directly from the SD card. They don't make 2gb SDHC cards, do they? Because SDHC cards won't work, but I doubt they make 2gb for the high capacity cards.

Has this happened more than once, Flynn? Occasionally, PM will fail to load, and you just have to unplug your Wii and plug it back in to fix it (the game will lock up if you try to navigate the menus, and 'soft' powering down won't turn your Wii off). This happens to me now and again.

sirflynn

Smash Rookie
I'm fairly certain it isn't an HC card. Should I change the capacity of the card manually to exactly 2 GB? I noticed it said it had a capacity of over 3 but I'm assuming that is for the card's own data storage purposes.

Yes, every time I go into the Stage Builder the same thing happens. I haven't tried unplugging the Wii yet. I'll update again when I get the chance to.

Top Bottom