• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some help with bomb jumping

DragonOfAwesome

Smash Rookie
I recently started getting back into smash and project m and I've found myself playing a lot of Toon Link. Since bomb jumping is pretty much a necessity for recovery in project m, I decided I should focus on picking it up early on. However, despite reading several step-by-step guides, I simply cannot pull off a single bomb jump. The bomb always remains too high above me, even when I try doing the move in slow motion. Here's a video of me attempting it for reference:

Apologies in advance if I'm missing something painfully obvious, but I've been at it for around an hour with no results. I have tried the guides in this subforum as well to no avail; I always have the same problem.

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
It looks like either a) you're not getting enough height on your AGT (throwing the bomb very slightly too soon) or b) you're too slow on initiating the up-B.

A real-time video might actually be more helpful to see, just to get a sense of the timings.

DragonOfAwesome

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the help! After trying again with your advice I managed to successfully bomb jump a few times, but I'm still having trouble reaching it sometimes. Guess I just need to work on the timing.

Top Bottom