• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some advice.

Yomi

Smash Cadet
I'm an unexperienced SSB64 but an experienced SSBM player. I don't have many friends who are good at SSBM, but I have plenty of friends who are good at SSB64. I yearn for competition. I'm looking for advice on which characters I should use. I would like character that won't have too much technical skill I will have to pick up. I would like to be able to focus on strategy and tactics, and not have to worry about my button pressing. Any suggestions?

_kSo_

Smash Master
Pikachu is the character for you, my friend. Although I've found many ssbm players who use fox/falco can use Fox from ssb64 pretty well. By many i mean just Forward.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
not have to worry about your button pressing? uhhhh... If you're good at melee you should be good at this, it's pretty much the same game except with more combos and less defense.

tomtom0919

Smash Cadet
I for one, have not played as many other charachters exept for fox, kirby, and luigi.
But if your starting, I suggest pikachu or kirby.
Mainly just because they are good charachters to play with.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Wow for a second there, I was like m3tr01d double posted??? 0_o

if you wanna focus on strategy, learn combos. the technique is almost the same as melee, and certain things you may find easier such as teching and z-canceling. once you get comfortable holding an n64 controller again, im sure you'll be fine

Top Bottom