• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need pro olimar player help

Brawladdict428

Smash Rookie
Alright, i've been playing brawl since the 9th, and i've decided to make olimar my main. I keep getting owned by characters like zero suit samus, wolf, marth, etc. Do you have any tips for me? I would like to be good enough for tournaments, so all the help would be great. thanks!

asob4

Smash Champion
there's really two ways to go about it in my opinion: camp or apply pressure
in some cases it's better to do the other and vice versa. zamus shouldn't be to hard, just control the ground game and grab when possible, same for marth. wolf can be tricky. try to latch a lot and when they f-smash with him up tilt immediately.
that's just my opinion through personal experience. i am by no means a pro yet

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
Well, umm, I'm not sure any of us are "pro" yet, but your way of asking for help... is hopeless. We need details for why you can't seem to beat anyone. What moves are they using, what moves are you trying to use, are they just a lot better than you perhaps? Basically, I would suggest you start at Echo's guide however, its stickied up at the top, shouldn't be hard to find. Then, once you've really absorbed all you can from it, and from just reading around these forums in general, and have spent a large amount of time with olimar so to know how he works, if you still need help, i'm sure all of us will be more than willing to help answer any slightly more specific question you have =) Watch some of the many videos, read and reread the guide, read others posts and threads, i can promise you this, its not gonna happen overnight, so put the time in not just playing olimar and being frustrated, but checking things out here, and with time and knowledge you'll get there, promise.

-True

Yakt-NJ

Smash Cadet
Listen to True!

To give you some general advice, the most important thing with Olimar is to practice managing Pikmin so you don't find yourself stuck with the color you don't want when you don't need it. Playing lots of matches and experimenting with the whistle is great for this. Get comfortable with spacing on smashes and aerials (his range is great, this isn't too hard), and get comfortable grabbing a lot, his grab is insane. Above all, have fun and don't hesistate to ask questions, but try to focus on one specific thing when you do.

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
I can give u advice, bombard samus with pikmin, grab marth as much as possible, and as for wolf, dodge and air dodge alot. Dodging agaisnt wolf is easy kuz hes kinda slow, watch out for his gun though. Samus will most likely try to **** u with missles or the charged up shot. Jus dodge n throw pikmin at the missles and u'll be set. But do not throw all ur pikmin, keep at least one or two.If u fight a marth noob, jus dodge n grab. But if u fight a pro marth, Watch out for his counter. If u get a chance to edge guard, i wouldnt do it against him, jus camp. Oli is a good camper. And remember, ALWAYS AIR DODGE

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Like others have mentioned already, Pikmin Throw is great against Zero Suit Samus. Right at the beginning of the match, ZS-Samus will most likely pick up pieces of her armor and throw them at Olimar. Instead of beginning the match by plucking Pikmin, Olimar should immediately throw a couple of Pikmin at Samus to defend against her pieces of armor. After that, Olimar can move and pluck the rest of his Pikmin out. The rest of the match against ZS-Samus should be fairly straightforward. Use a lot of Pikmin Throw, and Forward-Air when Samus runs at you. Try not to go above Samus, as her whip can reach ridiculous distances above herself.

keeper

Smash Champion
It's probably been said, but I just tl;dr'd the thread. So here goes my input.

Space yourself form your opponent, if they are beating on you and they only fight up closely or at a certain range, just out range. Olimar has a ton of range compared to many characters and also has disjointed hitboxes, depending on the attack. Just out range your foe, be patient, slowly rack up the damage and learn your kill moves. To use Olimar, you must know how to avoid being edgeguarded, the order of your Pikmin and how to use the whistle, effective combos that lead to kills, and among other things, how to use the Pikmin Toss.

Happy throwing, aye.

smashguy62910

Smash Rookie
alot of olimars moves are better in the air, also use his smash attack(<+A, ^+A, >+A) make sure to use them when the enemy is hurt pretty bad. It also helps by knowing the enemies attacks and all that.

Top Bottom