• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Info on Wireless Cards

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Anyone use one? I'm thinking about getting one because my current internet is garbage. The only thing I'm really concerned with is whether or not they're good enough to play MMORPGS without lag.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Hmm. Either you're confused, or I misunderstood you.

If your Internet is garbage, nothing will change that. You need a new ISP to improve that.

Switching to a wireless connection using a router won't change a whole lot.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Nah dude, there's these things called wireless cards. They're thin and rectangular shaped, and they go into a slot in your laptop. Some cell phone companies sell them, and you pay a monthly fee for them to send an internet signal straight to the card wherever you are. I was looking at one from AT&T. It works independent from your existing connection, and as long as you're paying your bill, you'll have internet wherever you go.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
OK, all you said was wireless. :p

So, your'e talking about the super wireless services like Verizon satellite and whatnot. I've seen them. They seem pretty fast, but they are not so hot for gaming. Someone may disagree with me, but I've just observed that they have poor latency for gaming.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
OK, all you said was wireless. :p

So, your'e talking about the super wireless services like Verizon satellite and whatnot. I've seen them. They seem pretty fast, but they are not so hot for gaming. Someone may disagree with me, but I've just observed that they have poor latency for gaming.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I guess this means I need to read up on latency, I hear that term alot. Although, even if I find out what it is I don't think companies specify what the latency on their product or system or whatever is. Oh well, I'll just have to research whatever I buy before I buy it.

Top Bottom