• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help

Howdy all, I'm a Bowser main who plays locals up in good ole' Michigan and I've always had problems with Corrin. I couldn't even touch the Corrins who I played against due to them using the Pin thingy. I was wondering who I should try to pick up to counter the Corrin? Thank you and have a good day

--TBB

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Fast top tiers like Diddy Kong and Fox give Corrin, so you might try using them.

Both of them are capable of punishing Instant Pin as well.

You can also try to grind it out with Bowser himself. Instant Pin is RUTHLESS in this matchup, but it should be doable with a ton of practice.

D

Deleted member 189823

Bowser doesn't even suffer that much if you know how to shield. actually, most characters don't- especially Bowser. approach by Shielding, especially at mid-range. If you notice they're going for Grabs, start Jabbing, use Pivot F-Tilts and/or Pivot Grab. I'm an ex-Bowser main, and it's insane what you can do with only 4-5 moves. You can also punish mis-spaced or moderately laggy moves with Up-B OoS (which may or may not punish Pin, considering we extend our hurtbox...Up-B is Frame6, go figure). Only real struggle you should have at the MU is in landing and if they're great at general spacing (contrary case, you can just run up and Shield grab or wait them to commit to something).

hell-dew

Smash Apprentice
how to deal with instant pin. Stop running. Seriously walk shield is so strong against IP spam its insane.

Top Bottom